Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Alabama dash LED swap...

Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Alabama dash LED swap...

hey i live in Alabama and was wondering if there was anyone out there that did the led swap outs for the dash in a second gen tacoma. I realize prerunnerseth and a couple others from cali do it but my truck is my daily driver so I cant afford to have it down for a week or so waiting on the mail. just wondering if someone was around alabama and could do it some day for me. thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Cavender76 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: First Class Boatswains Mate
Name: Clint Cavender
Cavender76's Tacoma Gallery
Alabama LED Swap

I would like to get in on this. If anyone does this I will provide dinner and pay a fee.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
looks like we need to offer more than just cooking dinner. or maybe folks just arent reading the post????
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm in mobile but dont know shit about wiring lol. Would be willing to pay someone.....
Old 11-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
I believe I could do it. Just havent tried it yet with my 4runner. not much different from the taco. btw I am in NE Alabama.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
You believe? Is that what you say after you short out the entire electrical system....jk man when the hell we all gonna get together and meet?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I believe I could do it lol. I've got some experience with leds and soldering. Along the lines on gaming systems and stuff anyways. A meet would be nice. If anyone wants to come this way during the weekend we could go on a good ride.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Im just outside of lBirmingham and a meet sounds great. Just give me a lil bit of a heads up when you guys decide on when and where so I can make sure I dont have to work that weekend.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
anyone decide anything about a meet up yet? just wondering would like to meet up with some other taco owners and see about exchanging ideas.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
Switek is on a distinguished road

Switek's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna try it...

Ok, folks-I've been researching this for quite some time, and mine will be the guinea pig-Ive also had some experience soldering and working with computer boards....
I have ordered the leds from oznium, and they should be here friday or monday the 3rd of dec.
I'm in pelham, just south of birmingham-i will post with pictures as soon as i complete it-maybe we all need to meet in a central location and just knock them all out in a day!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
We are going to have a mod day up in Huntsville on the 29th of January. Check out the SouthEast region forum, North Alabama Mod Meet.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
fyrfytr112 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Joey
fyrfytr112's Tacoma Gallery
Yo

I live right outside of Bham, In Trussville. I would also be interested in the LED gauge swap if anyone around gets the wild hair to attempt it.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
auburn taco will become famous soon enoughauburn taco will become famous soon enough
Name: kevin
auburn taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switek View Post
Ok, folks-I've been researching this for quite some time, and mine will be the guinea pig-Ive also had some experience soldering and working with computer boards....
I have ordered the leds from oznium, and they should be here friday or monday the 3rd of dec.
I'm in pelham, just south of birmingham-i will post with pictures as soon as i complete it-maybe we all need to meet in a central location and just knock them all out in a day!
Let me know if it works, I am in Auburn and will gladly come up for this mod.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
SuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuthrnTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SuthrnTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
We are going to have a mod day up in Huntsville on the 29th of January. Check out the SouthEast region forum, North Alabama Mod Meet.
We are getting the thoughts up and have someone who could do it. We can all chip in wheere we can to do this... You guys click on the link and vote and come on out Jan 29.. Its going to be great! We are meeting in Huntsville which is about and 1 - 1 1/2 up from b-ham and pelham.. So get your supplies and put your name down!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #15
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
hey i live in Alabama and was wondering if there was anyone out there that did the led swap outs for the dash in a second gen tacoma. I realize prerunnerseth and a couple others from cali do it but my truck is my daily driver so I cant afford to have it down for a week or so waiting on the mail. just wondering if someone was around alabama and could do it some day for me. thanks in advance.
How would your truck be down for a week??? I gave my cluster to seth and had it quickly done...I have a droid phone with GPS and showed my speed and just fill up your truck with gas knowing its full 60 bucks well worth it...other then that youll be fine without a cluster....everything else still works