Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I could really use some advice..

Old 10-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
I could really use some advice..

Okay so here is the deal, i got a bakflip g2 installed last week and it leaks horribly. I took it back in and they said they fixed it. so i ran some water over it and sure enough it still leaks. I took it back today and he said he fixed it again. He put some silicon sealent around the screws and some epoxy stuff around the corners and says once again that it wont leak.
I have two problems.
#1 He never asked me if he could do that
#2 Should i trust it or try to return the thing? i am pretty annoyed with them and the cover at this point

Thanks,
Jared
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
If your not happy with it return it chances are it will leak again
Old 10-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
return it
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
i would have just said "i just paid you (however, much you paid) for this this tonneau. if i wanted one that leaked, i would have asked for that." lol. but really, i wouldn't fool around with trying to put a band-aid on the one that's already messed up. it will probably leak again and it should have worked properly out of the box. I would let them know that and would have a new one soon.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
return it and right a letter to the manufacturer telling em what a piece of shit this thing is
Old 10-29-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your ordeal. Yours may be just a factory defect. Mine's been on for almost a yr with no issues. The dealer needs to man up and at least try another one on before tampering with the current one. Search TW because there is a thread where the Bakflip developer chimed in on a member's issue and he personally took care of it. I believe he listed his contact info.Good luck..

here you go: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ma-review.html
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
Okay so here is the deal, i got a bakflip g2 installed last week and it leaks horribly. I took it back in and they said they fixed it. so i ran some water over it and sure enough it still leaks. I took it back today and he said he fixed it again. He put some silicon sealent around the screws and some epoxy stuff around the corners and says once again that it wont leak.
I have two problems.
#1 He never asked me if he could do that
#2 Should i trust it or try to return the thing? i am pretty annoyed with them and the cover at this point

Thanks,
Jared
When you say "It leaks" where does it leak from??
As far as #1- You asked him to fix a non-standard problem...He's gunna do what he thinks it takes unless you tell him otherwise.
#2- Give it another shot with the hose...

I don't have this cover- and mine drips a bit in the corners...but I installed it and mitigated the drip as much as I cared to. So I have no comparison...but I find it hard to believe yours is "right"
Old 10-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
Silicone? dude thats jerry rigging it, tell them you want a brand new one because either it's defective, or whoever installed it, didn't do it manufacturers specifications.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Return it. I wouldn't let them put silicone crap all over my truck. The factory install should be enough for it not to leak. If the factory install called for silicone they would have included it in the package.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Where does it leak...in the center in between hinges or something? Did you buy this from a reseller? You do realize the G2's come with a 1-yr warranty. I'd personally take it up with the manufacturer at this point.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Alright to answer some questions here, it leaks from the corners of the cover towards the window part of the truck not at tailgate. To answer another question i asked him to tell me what he was going to do to fix it and he said he would pull it around in the back, and he never told me what he was going to do.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Well hope you got the advice you were lookin for....good luck with that!