**OFFICIAL** T/X & T/X Pro Owners Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #521
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by liguy View Post
Well, just plunked down a $1K deposit on a 2013 TX... build date: April 15, delivery: early May.
The dealer's installing the TRD supercharger upon arrival.
Anyone have any REAL experience with a Cold Air Intake (TRD, Volant, Airaid, AFe, etc.)?? Heard all sort of problems with the 2012-2013 Tacomas' air pump, and the CAI's causing overlean conditions.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
I know you wanted someone with cai experience and I don't. But I do have the s/c. Drive the truck for a while before adding a cai to see if you really want one. The s/ c is pretty loud on its own, and I've heard a cai will make it quite a bit louder. Plus, pairing the s/c with any other "performance" mods, will void the warranty for it and the power train.

Just something to think about.
What color you getting?

Congrats on the new truck and s/c
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #522
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I inquired about the Tx/Pro at my local dealer and the sales director had never heard of it.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #523
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this TX Pro Baja in Orange, CA today.
Looks like they changed the wheel color to gray. They were black before correct? The price is insane 40k for a Tacoma!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #524
liguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
liguy's Tacoma Gallery
Barcelona red metallic
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #525
liguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedliguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
liguy's Tacoma Gallery
Airaid MXP Series Cold Air Intake PLUS TRD supercharger

hey guys... anyone with a 2012-2013 Taco and the TRD supercharger have any experience with an Airaid MXP CAI?

"supposedly"... they don't have the 'overlean' issues that the VOLANT units have... better placement of the MAF sensor, so i'm told (??)

also, would love to hear about any experiences on the install and the relocation of the air pump.

and, of course, anyone getting "check engine" lean codes!!

thanks!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #526
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Saw this TX Pro Baja in Orange, CA today.
Looks like they changed the wheel color to gray. They were black before correct? The price is insane 40k for a Tacoma!

That's the TX Baja model, not just the standard TX / TX Pro. The gunmetal wheels are the OEM wheels for that truck, while the black wheels are still the ones you get on the TX / TX Pro.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #527
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I know it is the Baja. I remember seeing one when they first came out and just didn't remember the gray wheel color.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #528
Redram is on a distinguished road
Redram's Tacoma Gallery
I want to remove my TX Pro decals. Any tips or tricks to get those off?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #529
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redram View Post
I want to remove my TX Pro decals. Any tips or tricks to get those off?
Hair dryer. Goo gone for any leftover adhesive.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #530
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I inquired about the Tx/Pro at my local dealer and the sales director had never heard of it.
Yeah, these car dealers don't know shit about cars. It's the stupidest thing ever. I mean how can you have a job and know absolutely shit about it?

I was in the dealership Tuesday and the salesman didn't even know what BF Goodrich All Terrains were. . .and he was trying to sell me a TRD Off Road. . .
Old 04-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #532
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Played in the dirt this past weekend..Attachment 209139

Attachment 209140

Attachment 209141
Looks like Northshore Oahu! Great looking TX btw
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #534
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Great call. Mokuleia side of Kaena Point. You've been ?
Oh shoot MOKES!!!!! Yeah man, I'm Cali born and raised, but Hawaii(Oahu) is my 2nd home. I've got tons of family there---mainly North Shore. I'm usually out there 1-2 times/year.

I stay with my family in Waialua when I visit. As you know, right around the corner from Mokes. I got friends and family in Mililani(both Mauka and Town sides) as well as Waipahu. Local boy that isn't local haha. I was there for Christmas last year.

Where you live at?

SHOOTS DEN!!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #535
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Oh shoot MOKES!!!!! Yeah man, I'm Cali born and raised, but Hawaii(Oahu) is my 2nd home. I've got tons of family there---mainly North Shore. I'm usually out there 1-2 times/year.

I stay with my family in Waialua when I visit. As you know, right around the corner from Mokes. I got friends and family in Mililani(both Mauka and Town sides) as well as Waipahu. Local boy that isn't local haha. I was there for Christmas last year.

Where you live at?

SHOOTS DEN!!
I live in Waipio, central to everywhere. Man your so lucky , all the things to do, places to see and the access from California say...Vegas AND Hawaii to relax local style and a second home including the grinds!!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #536
MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Quote:
I live in Waipio, central to everywhere. Man your so lucky , all the things to do, places to see and the access from California say...Vegas AND Hawaii to relax local style and a second home including the grinds!!
Waipio is a beautiful place man!

There are SOOOO many food places I miss lol. Notably: poke from Timura Market(any kind), poke bowls from Pa'ina Cafe, Macky Shrimp Truck, Shige's siamin + cheeseburger in Wahiawa, guava chiffon pancakes from Cinnamon's in Kailua, sashimi from Mitch's, short ribs from Young's, acai bowls from Coffee Gallery in Haleiwa, and the freakin cheap & tasty spam musubi's @ 711! LOL! You could only imagine the damage I do when I'm out there for 2 weeks each visit. I try to offset the caloric intake binging with hikes haha---I should just stick to hiking Koko Head daily when I'm out there! I'm down to my last Gouvea's Portuguese sausage pack in the freezer, about to panic lol.

My cousin bought my old '95 Tacoma(see build in my sig), and he's currently finishing school here in Cali in Long Beach. There's a good chance he'll be moving back to Waialua so might see that truck around within a year!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #537
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
God Danm stealership!
I hate those people.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #538
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Sooooo am I allowed t post in here? Not sure if there is an "official" Baja thread.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #539
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Someone get this Baja out of here :cracks knuckles:

Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #540
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Picked mine up last weekend. So far I've replaced the tires with 265/76/16 Duratracs, tinted the front windows to 35%, added an Access Literider, got the glovebox and center console storage organizers, and also did the fog light anytime mod.

How she sits now.