Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just bent my Avid Bar

Old 10-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Just bent my Avid Bar

Was just out for a Friday evening drive and happened to pass by one of the offroad trails I go down often. Seeing as it was dark and I was alone I only went down far enough that I could see what sort of condition the road was in. Long story short I turned around at the side of the trail and while pulling back on the front wheels dropped into a rut that was deeper than it appeared (time for some new front lights?), dropping the front end onto the avid bar. Shit.

I got out and checked out the damage with my flashlight, its tough to see much right now but the bar is definitely pushed right snug with my bumper on the passenger side. It doesn't look like it has damaged anything. I'll snap some pics tomorrow but I'm going to have to figure out a way to try and pull that side back out. My first thought was just putting my 30k strap between the top pass side of the bar, and the old apple tree in my front yard. Then hopefully with a few light tugs in 4L with someone standing watching the bumper it will pull out enough to look somewhat normal again.

Still love my avid bar, its still one tough mofo and looks great. I just hope its an easy fix to get it normal looking again. Without that bar on there this thread would have been titled "shit, how do I install a new bumper"

Oh and just for the record, the Line-X on the bar didn't even scuff.

*pics tomorrow*
Old 10-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
yea...Id try that.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just went outside to check it out, not nearly as bad as it looked with the flashlight. You can see in this pic where the bar impacted with the ground and was pushed upwards. Going to try gently bending it back out this afternoon. Will update thread afterward.

Attached Thumbnails
Just bent my Avid Bar-img00511-20101030-0842.jpg  
Old 10-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #5

Just went out and gave it a shot, I just backed up and gave some super light tugs (coasting back at like 2kph) with the intention of snugging the 30k strap up....looked at the Avid bar and it was back to normal.

That's a relief!

Love my front bar! Without it my bumper would have been toast after hitting that rut.