Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Latest Generation Tacoma's. Reset Of "Maint Reqd" light

Old 03-31-2010, 02:39 AM   #61
KRS1 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Boatswainmate (BM1)
KRS1's Tacoma Gallery
worked perfectly.... thanks...... so i got another light that is always on... the tire pressure light... since i put bigger tires on the truck i cant get that damn light to turn off... anyone know a little trick to clear that code... ????
Old 03-31-2010, 03:43 AM   #62
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Just did a oil change and didn't have time to look up in the manual to reset the warning light.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #63
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
worked perfectly.... thanks...... so i got another light that is always on... the tire pressure light... since i put bigger tires on the truck i cant get that damn light to turn off... anyone know a little trick to clear that code... ????
If you're original sensors aren't in your new tires, then that's the problem. Otherwise, the '07 has a sensor in the spare too. Check your spare. When everything's correct, the light will turn off on its own.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #64
jorgeocordero is on a distinguished road
jorgeocordero's Tacoma Gallery
good , my warranty its, almost close to end and i do go to the dealer for the great "light" to be off and oil change. Thanks!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #65
christopherjayj is on a distinguished road
Army: Master Sergeant
christopherjayj's Tacoma Gallery
Maint Light

Does anyone know if the maintenace light can be programed to come on at 3000 miles? I worked for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Dealer and we could change the service interval based on the owners needs. I'd like to change mine but the Toyota dealers in the area can never give me a straight ansewer.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #66
Desert Car Guy is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Desert Car Guy's Tacoma Gallery
re MAINT LIGHT

Thanks for the info. I could not find it in my owner manual where you said or anywhere else..F.K.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #67
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherjayj View Post
Does anyone know if the maintenace light can be programed to come on at 3000 miles? I worked for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Dealer and we could change the service interval based on the owners needs. I'd like to change mine but the Toyota dealers in the area can never give me a straight ansewer.
Yes. When you hold down the trip meter and go through the process, you'll see the number of dashes change. Each dash represents 1K miles. Release the trip meter when you reach the choice you want (3 dashes in your case).
Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #68
christopherjayj is on a distinguished road
Army: Master Sergeant
christopherjayj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Yes. When you hold down the trip meter and go through the process, you'll see the number of dashes change. Each dash represents 1K miles. Release the trip meter when you reach the choice you want (3 dashes in your case).
Thanks 05Moose. I'll try it when I get home.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #69
LarryRAguilar is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Larrry
LarryRAguilar's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Darn light has been driving me crazy! Any tips on the Air Pressure light?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #70
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, just used this. Rep for you sir.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #71
old dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the rough
Navy: radioman
Name: mark
old dad's Tacoma Gallery
great, this info is the main reason I looked up and found this forum, you guys are great.

mark
Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 AM   #73
Acill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really niceAcill is just really nice

Navy: Chief Gunners Mate
Name: Paul
Acill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acill Send a message via AIM to Acill Send a message via Yahoo to Acill
I must have turned right past this in the manual. Mine jsut started doing this and it was driving me nuts. Shouldnt it reset on its own after an oil change? I guess i am due though when I think about it. Time to go get some mobile-1
Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #75
FFjDs is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic
Name: Josh
FFjDs's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks alot for the tutorial on reset. Just did my 1st oil change and didnt know why the light was on.. Worked great! Thanks again
Old 08-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #76
seanmichaels is on a distinguished road
seanmichaels's Tacoma Gallery
check engine light

I changed oil back in April and used synthetic on my Tacoma TRD. Recently I put super unleaded into my engine. I noticed a difference in the power of the engine. I have only used super unleaded a few times recently then went back to regular unleaded. Could that have triggered my check engine light? I have about 50k on the Tacoma and my bro told me they set the light to come on as a maintenance reminder.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #77
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmichaels View Post
I changed oil back in April and used synthetic on my Tacoma TRD. Recently I put super unleaded into my engine. I noticed a difference in the power of the engine. I have only used super unleaded a few times recently then went back to regular unleaded. Could that have triggered my check engine light? I have about 50k on the Tacoma and my bro told me they set the light to come on as a maintenance reminder.
the CEL and maint required lights are completely different. maint light is for oil changes and the CEL light is for when something is wrong and you actually need to check your engine. go to a local auto store and have them run the code to see what is wrong
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #78
LarryRAguilar is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Larrry
LarryRAguilar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the CEL and maint required lights are completely different. maint light is for oil changes and the CEL light is for when something is wrong and you actually need to check your engine. go to a local auto store and have them run the code to see what is wrong
I notice a huge difference when I use regular-unleaded compared to super-unleaded. When I use regular, me truck engine knocks or pings, I lose gas mileage and power; is this all in my head, or does anyone else notice the same performance differences?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #79
seanmichaels is on a distinguished road
seanmichaels's Tacoma Gallery
check engine light

Thanks! I went to Auto zone and they said it was o2 sensor. They tried selling me one but I did not buy it. I thought I already had that replaced a while back.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #80
Covington is on a distinguished road

Covington's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks BlueT!