1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM in my my new Tacoma? Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    drcollie

drcollie Active Member

Member:
    The install is actually quite easy, and it comes with an excellent instruction set. You don't need much in the way of tools, mostly its just pulling off plastic and putting it back on. If you have a couple of spare hours, you can easily do it yourself and save the money of having the audio store install it. Changing a wheel is harder than installing this, it just takes time to pull off all that plastic and put it back on.

In my truck (2010 Access Cab) the speakers are just marginal, and a CD in the player will sound richer and deeper than the XM radio, Just the equipment is all. Its adequate, but don't expect high fidelity. You only have the two door speakers and the two small ones in the headliner (Access Cab).

You do not have to re-flash or re-program the stock radio. Its ready to go as soon as you plug in the two wires near the fusebox area. Everything you need for XM is in the Fit Kit. If you want to do the Sirrius unit, then you have to spend about $ 60 for an antenna mod connector, but for XM its plug n' play.

Best prices are out of Texas for the unit and fit kit, mail order. $300 for everything from www.toyota4U.com

-Duane

2. Nov 29, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    stevcde

stevcde Member

Member:
    I recently got a '11 Tacoma Access cab. It came with the XM ready radio, but I know it needs the receiver. My question is about the antenna. I doesn't have the usual antenna on the roof near the top brakelight. I'm thinking about getting the OEM receiver and kit but I'm worried about how to run the antenna?? And why didn't mine come with it?

3. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    :smack:

4. Nov 29, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    Well I decided to have the stock unit taken and went with the new Sony head unit that has nav/dvd/xm/bluetooth and remote. I am even able to stream music from my blackberry to it through the bluetooth. I love it. This might be the best decision I will make with my Tacoma.

IMG_2181.jpg

5. Nov 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Take it to Best Buy...they'll know how to run it....

6. Nov 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    BPachom

BPachom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.

Did you try the "Audio Adjustment"..... see attached.

Attached Files:

7. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Xewkija631

Xewkija631 Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI,NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK DC TRD OFF ROAD
    I just got the 2011 off road tacoma and it came with xm and I have a trail for 3 months... everything works fine.

8. Dec 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    hgfontana

hgfontana Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hernan
    Resda, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra CrewCab 4x4
    After the 3 months trail, it will deactivate, so the only way to get it back is by pay the xm fees??? Any other suggestion, any idea how to use a factory JBL xm, with out use your wallet??

Products Discussed in

To Top