Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Remote Start Problem

Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Gregg is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
Gregg's Tacoma Gallery
Remote Start Problem

Just wondering if anyone else with remote start has this problem. I had the remote start installed by the dealer and they are 50 miles away, so if there is something I could do to fix the problem I would do it myself. It works fine unless the temperature is below about 20 degrees. Below that the vehicle will not start with the remote start. It cycles 3 times and them gives up. It seems like if it just cranked one or two more times it would start. I downloaded the remote start manual, (Directed Electronics Auto Mate AM6.2), and you can increase the cranking time, but I cannot find the program switch for the remote start anywhere. I am not sure if they put one in. Do the V6 engines take more cranks to start. My wife's Rav 4 starts in about 2 cranks, my Tacoma takes about 4. Would using higher octane gas in winter help? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like its not a remote starter problem.

Why is a new truck not starting on the first try???

trying the better gas would be a start.

otherwise it would be to the dealer for a system check.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
My 09 took more cranks to start that I expected when I first got it. Starts fine now though. Just needed to break in the motor??