Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camburg Spindle Lift

Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg Spindle Lift

Hey guys after looking at all the lift options it seems for Prerunners, the Camburg lift spindles are totally worth it. However, I was trying to figure out, for one, if the Camburg spindles are VSC friendly, and what all else you would need to complete the kit. To get a level lift all around, so far i'm concluded you need the following:

1. Camburg Spindles
2. Longer brake lines
3. New rear leaf packs (3 inch lift or so)

Am I missing anything? Can all this be used with factory shocks/coils, or would new coilovers pretty much be a "must have" with this setup?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoZack View Post
Hey guys after looking at all the lift options it seems for Prerunners, the Camburg lift spindles are totally worth it. However, I was trying to figure out, for one, if the Camburg spindles are VSC friendly, and what all else you would need to complete the kit. To get a level lift all around, so far i'm concluded you need the following:

1. Camburg Spindles
2. Longer brake lines
3. New rear leaf packs (3 inch lift or so)

Am I missing anything? Can all this be used with factory shocks/coils, or would new coilovers pretty much be a "must have" with this setup?
You'll need new rear shocks or shock extenders if you plan on lifting 3" in the back.

You can use the stock shocks/coils up front if you like.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
X2^
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hmm. Any advantages to the Camburg lift over just getting, say, Toytech coilvers in the front, besides the one inch extra lift? My purpose of lifting is mostly to fit bigger tires (at least 33 inchs)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Advantages: keeps stock geometry (stock ride as well), won't wear out other parts like other lifts do

disadvantages: expensive, only for prerunners

once I have enough saved up, spindles and a leaf pack are on my list
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm. Any advantages to the Camburg lift over just getting, say, Toytech coilvers in the front, besides the one inch extra lift? My purpose of lifting is mostly to fit bigger tires (at least 33 inchs)
biggest advantage is that you will have stock geometry. w/ the toytec, you preload the springs and loose downtravel to the point where you almost dont have any. w/ the spindles, you get 4" lift and keep the OEM (~3") downtravel.

i really wish i would have done it much sooner...
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
biggest advantage is that you will have stock geometry. w/ the toytec, you preload the springs and loose downtravel to the point where you almost dont have any. w/ the spindles, you get 4" lift and keep the OEM (~3") downtravel.

i really wish i would have done it much sooner...
Sweet, saving up for the spindles is the way to go. I'm kinda concerned about how to get a matched lift for the rear TSB springs though. I estimate I'd need about 2 inchs to match the 4 in the front from the spindles. Thats more than the AAL's will do I think.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery

Thinking about doing this same set up.... What shocks would be needed for 3-4 lift in rear?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet, saving up for the spindles is the way to go. I'm kinda concerned about how to get a matched lift for the rear TSB springs though. I estimate I'd need about 2 inchs to match the 4 in the front from the spindles. Thats more than the AAL's will do I think.
i installed a set of OME springs/shocks and have DR coilovers cranked to about 1" and im sitting perfectly level, 25" from center of hub to bottom of fender, front and rear.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
i installed a set of OME springs/shocks and have DR coilovers cranked to about 1" and im sitting perfectly level, 25" from center of hub to bottom of fender, front and rear.
Nice. All this is starting to sound pretty expensive to do the spindles though, plus i'm not sure i'd be confident doing the install myself which is gonna add more to the cost. Lol, think I might end up with just Billy 5100's in the front to level out my TSB lift, and 265's....
Old 11-04-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
You can fit 33" tires with no lift. All spring/shock lifts (or all good ones I should say) keep the stock suspension cycle, unless you get UCAs and extended travel coilovers, which give MORE uptravel, so lifting only changes tire clearance when the truck is sitting still. The second you stuff a tire up in the fender well, no more lift. So trimming in the fenders and chopping the body mounts are what will REALLY give you tire clearance.

A spindle lift is the only way besides a drop bracket or long travel to really change the front end geometry. It moves your hub 4" lower on the LCA, and keeps stock geometry other than that, so it's basically a much better alternative to a drop bracket lift. The Camburg spindles also are .5" wider per side, which I'm a fan of. I would love to have some, just haven't ponied up the grand to do it.

With that said, any lift combo will allow you to run the bigger tires, so you can research and determine what fits you best. Right now I'm running bilstein 5100s in front with 2.5" lift and TSB leaves in the rear. It's a cheap setup that works well for most stuff I do in my DD.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
You can fit 33" tires with no lift. All spring/shock lifts (or all good ones I should say) keep the stock suspension cycle, unless you get UCAs and extended travel coilovers, which give MORE uptravel, so lifting only changes tire clearance when the truck is sitting still. The second you stuff a tire up in the fender well, no more lift. So trimming in the fenders and chopping the body mounts are what will REALLY give you tire clearance.

A spindle lift is the only way besides a drop bracket or long travel to really change the front end geometry. It moves your hub 4" lower on the LCA, and keeps stock geometry other than that, so it's basically a much better alternative to a drop bracket lift. The Camburg spindles also are .5" wider per side, which I'm a fan of. I would love to have some, just haven't ponied up the grand to do it.

With that said, any lift combo will allow you to run the bigger tires, so you can research and determine what fits you best. Right now I'm running bilstein 5100s in front with 2.5" lift and TSB leaves in the rear. It's a cheap setup that works well for most stuff I do in my DD.
How can you do 33 inch tires with no lift? I've been told 285/75/16's won't fit without mods.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

wtf are you talking about?! lots of bad info in this post.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can fit 33" tires with no lift. NOT TRUE All spring/shock lifts (or all good ones I should say) keep the stock suspension cycle, unless you get UCAs and extended travel coilovers, which give MORE uptravel, so lifting only changes tire clearance when the truck is sitting still. WHAT? The second you stuff a tire up in the fender well, no more lift. So trimming in the fenders and chopping the body mounts are what will REALLY give you tire clearance.

A spindle lift is the only way besides a drop bracket or long travel to really change the front end geometry. It moves your hub 4" lower on the LCA, and keeps stock geometry other than that, so it's basically a much better alternative to a drop bracket lift. The Camburg spindles also are .5" wider per side, which I'm a fan of. I would love to have some, just haven't ponied up the grand to do it. I didn't read this paragraph so no comment

With that said, any lift combo will allow you to run the bigger tires NOT TRUE, so you can research and determine what fits you best. Right now I'm running bilstein 5100s in front with 2.5" lift and TSB leaves in the rear SOCAL LEAN?. It's a cheap setup that works well for most stuff I do in my DD.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
all this is good info! from what i can kind of understand. lol.. ive asked this question before but im one that needs to know its going to work.. so i plan on doing the camburg spindles and the 1.5 all pro aal. from what i remember measuring that should leave my truck .5 higher in the front.. (which i like) i plan on trying to keep it stock as i can due to money but i want it to ride safe and not mess with anything so ill spend the money for that (pretty much id like it to last me awhile..i dont want to worry about something messin up.. since im not handy with the tools if you know what i mean.. ha..) sooo is that possible or do i need anything else? example..uca.. front/ rear shocks.. etc etc.. thanks for the help..
Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That made me giggle, i didn't know that leaves were holding my suspension in the rear i thought it was leafs *sarcasm*. This is filled with useless info, don't listen to this crap, this is the equivalent to a ricer trying to give advice on engine mods but in suspension form.