Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help with our CrossFit Taco design

Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
CrossFit Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
CrossFit Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with our CrossFit Taco design

This is our business vehicle and will be just as much a rolling billboard as a functional haul gear around truck. Our location is also right off a busy road so we will be parking this thing out for all to see all day.

I'm looking for some feedback on our vinyl graphic design. This is what we are working with so far. The only change I really see off the bat is making the side logo bigger so it covers both doors (our Taco is a double cab). Other than that I'm digging that the design looks like.

Thoughts?

*Our truck is silver*

Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Our truck is Silver, added to the original thread.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
As an intermittent Crossfitter, one thing I love about it is the people it attracts...they tend to be sort of edgy and not so cookie-cutter like a lot of gyms. That being said, I'd change the font. The font is too plain and simple, pretty much the opposite of what Crossfit is.

Maybe find a mild form of Old English and make it a little more edgy, that way it catches peoples attention and doesnt just look like every other truck on the road with advertising on it.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
don't limit yourself on the boundaries of the vehicle.

might get more looks with something the breaks from the vehicle.
maybe not in this exact spot, but apply to the tailgate as well.

the one on the hood should be to one side and hang over on to the fender some, too
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
As an intermittent Crossfitter, one thing I love about it is the people it attracts...they tend to be sort of edgy and not so cookie-cutter like a lot of gyms. That being said, I'd change the font. The font is too plain and simple, pretty much the opposite of what Crossfit is.

Maybe find a mild form of Old English and make it a little more edgy, that way it catches peoples attention and doesn't just look like every other truck on the road with advertising on it.
Always happy to see other Xfitters online. The Old English we saved for our name "Eternal." Out thinking is CrossFit is already exclusive and set apart. If anything we need to stand out in the CrossFit community; we have 9 affiliates in the area. We all work together but we still all need our own identity.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
don't limit yourself on the boundaries of the vehicle.

might get more looks with something the breaks from the vehicle.
maybe not in this exact spot, but apply to the tailgate as well.

the one on the hood should be to one side and hang over on to the fender some, too
Really like the idea for the hood!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I think you (or your graphics guy) can get much more creative. Even something a little more simple like sockmonkey just posted, is better than the first. Keep brainstorming, and whatever you wind up going w/, post up some pics of the finished product!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
For sure Chris, I'll post the pics as soon as the truck is done.