Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinslow View Post
falcon i also went to checkered flag on VB Blvd. My mother and sister have both bought vehicles from them in the past years and have great service. For me, that was a complete different story. I bought m 2010 at the beginning of august. AFTER i paid for the truck they decided to inform me that they woul have to have the truck back as primer overspray from that big A%^ power pole out from got all over the truck when the power company came topaint it. THEY WOULD NOT let me choose another vehicle. I WAS VERY TICKED. then when i brought the truck back up to get the paint touhed up it took them a week to do one quarter panel. let me pick the truck up then i ad to bring it back tthem for another week to finish it. Then i picked it up again cause they said i was done, WELL what do you know the entirely missedto roof and hood of the truck. i am very unpleased with checkered flag on VB BLVD and toyota in general. Butagain i also try to make the best of it. So im wondering when i take the truck back up what kind story they are going to tryto tell me about my rear spring tsb and tranny tsb
F that go to Priority. Idiots at Checkered Flag.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #22
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Yeah call corporate and tell them you have a very harsh ride and hitting the bump stops when there's a moderate size load in the bed.
How is it possible to have a harsh ride if the spring is so soft that when something is in the bed it hits the bump stops
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
If your truck is not experiencing the problem then you don't need an aal and they are certaintly not going to give you one for the hell of it. You can buy an aal for about 70 bucks, and it's super easy to do yourself. These "screw toyota for the tsb" threads are really getting on my nerves...Almost as much as the "my girlfriend dumped me" threads in the off topic section
I agree
Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I agree
Where do you guys get the info that my truck doesn't have the problem? I invite any of you to take my truck out for a ride with any load in the back and see for yourself.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #25
mwinslow is on a distinguished road
mwinslow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
F that go to Priority. Idiots at Checkered Flag.

I had even worse luck at Priority, i went there first and they basicially came across as we dont wanna your service or want to help you make your decision so i just said thanks and carryed my butt
Old 11-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #26

Quote:
The point is, my truck IS experiencing the problem. I had my dirtbike and a cooler in the back and going over bumps I've hit the bump stops.
Why can't they replicate the problem then?

Quote:
Not sure why you'd imply that I'm trying to get something my truck doesn't qualify for.
If the TSB doesn't cover the '11 then yes, you are trying to get something your truck doesn't qualify for

Quote:
Excuse me for being concerned for the safety/comfort of my 6 month old baby in the backseat.
Oh, please
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #27
Quote:
Why can't they replicate the problem then?

If the TSB doesn't cover the '11 then yes, you are trying to get something your truck doesn't qualify for

Oh, please
They can't replicate it because they DIDN'T TRY TO.

If they tried and called me on a bluff, I'd say "Fine".

But when I asked what they did, they said "Oh, we brought it around the parking lot." And when I asked what they put in the bed, they had no idea what I was talking about. I explained I'd have been more than happy to load it up prior to bringing it in, but that they didn't ask me to do that.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #28

Then load it up and bring it back. I don't understand why you are here bitching and moaning about them not applying a TSB to your truck when it isn't even covered at the moment
Old 11-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #29
Quote:
Then load it up and bring it back. I don't understand why you are here bitching and moaning about them not applying a TSB to your truck when it isn't even covered at the moment
Your first statement is the next course of action.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #30

Good, go prove them wrong and maybe you will be helping out all the other '11 owners that may have the problem
Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Quote:
Good, go prove them wrong and maybe you will be helping out all the other '11 owners that may have the problem
Honestly, the fact that dozens of other '11 owners have been able to get it done with minimal resistance is what bugs me most. The dealer has been very "unpleasant" to work with up to this point. I don't want to portray the typical online idiot that thinks he's entitled to everything and throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way. But I've been treated like a complete moron from start to finish, and when he made the "Your dirtbike/gas/cooler" likely go over the vehicle's max payload" comment, I was done listening to their BS.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #32

I would just go to a different dealer in that case
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
ChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Chompster
ChompsterTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe the dealer should have inform you to bring the truck in loaded when you complained to them. That would have save eveyone time. But I feel ya. My dealer is the same when I told them over the phone about harsh ride when I'm loading dirt that's only a few hundred pound worth. Hey just told me to bring it in and he would not even admit there is a tsb. After a whole day he said they found nothing wrong. I asked how you check it. Service guy said they just drive it on the parking lot. I ask do you even notice the bump stop mark? He said that's what they are for. I ask again, so its normal for me to hit the bump that easily everyday! Just wow.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #35
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The point is, my truck IS experiencing the problem. I had my dirtbike and a cooler in the back and going over bumps I've hit the bump stops. Not sure why you'd imply that I'm trying to get something my truck doesn't qualify for.

I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm trying to get them to back up their product. Excuse me for being concerned for the safety/comfort of my 6 month old baby in the backseat.

Your truck isn't even included yet in the TSB, i think is his point.

What makes one think they can stroll in with a 11' that isn't even included in the TSB and act like a victim when the dealership or Corporation don't break the rules for you on a whim.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #36
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Your truck isn't even included yet in the TSB, i think is his point.

What makes one think they can stroll in with a 11' that isn't even included in the TSB and act like a victim when the dealership or Corporation don't break the rules for you on a whim.
I think the point is that theres a known problem with this part, as evidenced by past TSB's and Toyota should have fixed it or automatically included it before or as the 2011's rolled out. It's different if there was a true change in the springs but there apparently hasnt been.

OP, 2 things
1 - Ive had the problem with 2 90# dumbbells, weight bench, and about 100# (swag of course) of rubber matting in the back. It's not just your imagination and I understand about the safety aspect since I have a 5 week old at home.

2 - Look at the doods age your talking to (cummins). Just let it go and chalk it up to youthful ignorance.

BTW, cummins.... The brake pedal, surging, fueling issues was well known to Toyota apparently and it took a CHP officer and his family DIEING before Toyota did anything about it. Who knows, it might take one of our families becoming hurt because we actually use our trucks as a truck and some dealership refused to do the TSB for a known problem regardless of whether or not the truck was on some list somewhere.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #37
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
"I don't want to portray the typical online idiot that thinks he's entitled to everything and throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way. ...[/quote]

If your goal was not too look like that... your too late.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #39
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They can't replicate it because they DIDN'T TRY TO.

If they tried and called me on a bluff, I'd say "Fine".

But when I asked what they did, they said "Oh, we brought it around the parking lot." And when I asked what they put in the bed, they had no idea what I was talking about. I explained I'd have been more than happy to load it up prior to bringing it in, but that they didn't ask me to do that.
Yeah.

TW is filled with members who've used the suspension TSB to get a free 1.5" lift for the back, and you're running up against posters who are a little tired of seeing that. You didn't lead off with the fact that you were having the problem because of a loaded bed, so folks here were left to draw their own conclusions.

But when the OP is just using the truck as intended, filling up the back with junk within its rated load capacity, and therefore running into the well known under-spec'ed rear leaf problem, well guys, the TW skepticism is a little out of place here.

All I can say is be glad it's a relatively minor problem. Yeah, I think you should make them look at it loaded. As if you were explaining math to a 1st grader, show the service writer how to add up the weight of everything that's in there, and compare it to the load capacity in the owners manual, and then have them drive it. But even if they still give you the run-around, putting on an add-a-leaf is a pretty straightforward and inexpensive job.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulibiomd View Post
2 - Look at the doods age your talking to (cummins). Just let it go and chalk it up to youthful ignorance.

BTW, cummins.... The brake pedal, surging, fueling issues was well known to Toyota apparently and it took a CHP officer and his family DIEING before Toyota did anything about it. Who knows, it might take one of our families becoming hurt because we actually use our trucks as a truck and some dealership refused to do the TSB for a known problem regardless of whether or not the truck was on some list somewhere.