Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #41
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me I would go in there with a print out of the bikes weight and show them. Show them that there are marks from the bumpstops. And say you regularly carry loads and it is a huge safety concern which if any accident did happen with you vehicle and a load would most likely end up in a lawsuit with the dealer. Show him the part numbers on the leafs of you truck too. If it isn't the 4 leaf pack and if the numbers don't match the ones on the TSB then just tell him that he ony has one option.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #42
Silver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver DC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silver DC's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks are made to carry a certain amount of weight in the bed. If it doesnt carry anywhere near that weight then there is a warranty issue. If his truck is still covered under the 3 year warranty then it should be covered. The TSB is to tell the techs what to replace to fix the problem. If they know how to repair it then they should fix it....period.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #43
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver DC View Post
These trucks are made to carry a certain amount of weight in the bed. If it doesnt carry anywhere near that weight then there is a warranty issue. If his truck is still covered under the 3 year warranty then it should be covered. The TSB is to tell the techs what to replace to fix the problem. If they know how to repair it then they should fix it....period.
That is a good point, maybe try making a warranty claim
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #44
Toyo_Jet is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Toyo_Jet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Dealer just called me back.

After calling their "regional technical rep", they were informed by him that the 2011's already have all the upgraded parts in them for the rear TSB. I was also told "My dirtbike and cooler in the back, plus the weight of the gas in the bike's tank likely ended up over the vehicle's maxium payload". I just started laughing at them and said "OK guys I really appreciate your hard work and honesty, when can I pick up my truck?".

Toyota (as a corporate entity) in 2 weeks has managed to lose most all of my respect.
Funny how their brochure shows 2 Yamaha dirt bikes in the bed of an access cab truck. At about 230 pounds each, thats 460 pounds of payload. I put 4 patio blocks in the back of my Std cab 4wd and I have to re-adjust the headlights due to the azz sag. Pretty whimpy "truck". I like the truck, but the payload capacity is pittifull. I'll be going for an aftermarket solution before I go groveling back to Toyota so some smart azz can tell me its normal (i.e. our trucks have no payload capacity and only resemble a real truck). Toyota can KMA! Sorry, Rant over.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #45
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
I put about 400lbs of mulch in the back of my taco when i got it. It was riding like a ghetto hooptie bouncing down the street. I had to go with a good lift and a full ome dakar leaf pack in the back to get rid of that oem crap. Whomever is saying that the big 3 suck and toyota rocks obviously forgot that trucks first and foremost are meant to haul sh*t around.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #46
ASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant futureASE_MasterTech has a brilliant future

ASE_MasterTech's Tacoma Gallery
Well.. You could always go to a landscaping yard that has a weigh scale, get a yard of mulch & a weight ticket (ie-empty & then full, for the weight difference, maybe 500lbs), then hose the mulch down real good with water, guaranteed that truck will be squatting hard...
I really do hate do be sneaky, but if Dealers wont address legitimate problems responsibly, then i would suggest doing whatever it takes to resolve the issue...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #47
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
ya the payload of a 2011 dbl cab is a little over a ton (1200 lbs) one dirt bike is only about 350 lbs if they can't see the ass end is weak then they must be blind!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #48
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
classic bullshit
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #49
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
"I don't want to portray the typical online idiot that thinks he's entitled to everything and throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way. ...
If your goal was not too look like that... your too late.[/QUOTE]

you're
Old 11-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #50
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
so...have you been able to replicate it?!

you do realize that the TSB is NOT a recall, and they DONT have to do it. and if it wernt for the internet, you would most likely have never known it existed and would never even take your truck in...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #51
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver DC View Post
I completely agree. We are in the process of moving and this truck will be the main vehicle used to move our stuff (except the really heavy furniture). I just had three boxes of random stuff, a lamp, and some small chairs (definitely weighed no more than 350 lbs) but it still bottomed out. Had like a half tank of gas and I was the only person in the cab so that's only a little over 500 lbs and nowhere near the rated 1200 lbs. I understand that I can't just go to the dealer and complain and get whatever I want, but there is a legitimate issue with my truck and since the truck can't carry even half of what it's rated for, they should fix it.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #52
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly, the fact that dozens of other '11 owners have been able to get it done with minimal resistance is what bugs me most. The dealer has been very "unpleasant" to work with up to this point. I don't want to portray the typical online idiot that thinks he's entitled to everything and throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way. But I've been treated like a complete moron from start to finish, and when he made the "Your dirtbike/gas/cooler" likely go over the vehicle's max payload" comment, I was done listening to their BS.
Sounds like your problem is with the dealership not with Toyota. However if the TSB isn't out for 2011's yet regardless of the fact yours is bottoming out they won't fix it. Toyota corporate will have to put out the TSB on 2011's then they dealership won't have a choice assuming it is still under bumper to bumper warranty by the time the TSB comes out.. It is irritating for sure but a dealership is not going to chance eating 700 worth of springs and 5 hours of warranty time..
Old 11-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #53
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz80 View Post
ya the payload of a 2011 dbl cab is a little over a half ton (1200 lbs) one dirt bike is only about 350 lbs if they can't see the ass end is weak then they must be blind!
Fixed for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #54
grandpa4x4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MS chief
grandpa4x4's Tacoma Gallery
tsb 2011 springs

Quote:
Service manager claims they can't duplicate the problems so they won't be able to get reimbursement from Toyota since the TSB isn't extended to 2011's. This is absolute bullshit.

My wife and newborn baby woke up extra early to follow me to the dealer this morning so I could drive the truck to the dealer and they gave me a ride to work. Have to hitch a ride from a co-worker back to the dealer later. Tremendous inconvenience for NO REASON at all seeing they wont' back up their product.

I'm 100% disappointed in Toyota as of now. I kindly stated to the service manager that we both know in 6 months the '11's will be covered under the TSB so let's just save us both the time and effort and get the work done now, but he said no.
call toyota yesterday, complained about the springs, they put me hold for two mins. and came back on told me that the TSB #0305-08 does cover 2011's tacoma's. they me a case# so i called the stealership and asked them to order the parts for this TSB. done deal my YOTA is 60 days old with 3000 miles on it. Grandpa4x4
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #55
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa4x4 View Post
call toyota yesterday, complained about the springs, they put me hold for two mins. and came back on told me that the TSB #0305-08 does cover 2011's tacoma's. they me a case# so i called the stealership and asked them to order the parts for this TSB. done deal my YOTA is 60 days old with 3000 miles on it. Grandpa4x4
What'd number you call?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #56
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa4x4 View Post
WTF. For real?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #57
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
My 2011 has a 4 leaf pack.
The Canadien model trucks have had the 4 pack for some time.
Its the US trucks that still come this way.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #58
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I hauled 1830 lbs in my 2001 and still had more than 1" from bumpstop to frame-what the hell happened to Toyota's hauling ability with these new trucks?? I bet you these idiots don't think people will actually haul real stuff. I cannot think of any other reason why they would go with inferior leafsprings.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #59
grandpa4x4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MS chief
grandpa4x4's Tacoma Gallery
phone #

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulibiomd View Post
What'd number you call?
1-800-331-4331, toyota customer experience center( goggle is your friend, I goggle toyota customer servicei) you have to play phone buttons to get a real person and then they can get you to the right people. grandpa4x4
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #60
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW. When I took mine to the dealer a while back they told me the TSB didn't cover 2011. My response was "do you want me to call Toyota or would you like to?". Dealer called, called me back couple hours later and parts ordered same day and installed about a week later. So I wouldn't be surprised if 11 has been added to the TSB already.