Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #61
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
If this is true I'm sort of speechless. Spent all day getting this issue looked at yesterday with no positive outcome. I'm going to call after work and see if they literally extended it to the 2011's in the 12 hours since I left the dealer.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #62
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on hold right now. I was told that she doesn't see the TSB as applying to 2011 as of now...

Edit: Nope. "Tasha" at Toyota Customer Service (800 # listed previously in thread) stated that as of now, TSB 0305-08, definitely doesn't cover 2011's. This is strange.

Does anyone have a subscription to the website that can run the TSB search that would possibly run that TSB and just post the years that it says?

I have T-SB-0305-08 Rev. 2 and it lists 2005-2010. I'm just trying to get confirmation if Grandpa4x4 is correct and they in fact rolled it over to include 2011.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #63
mrjestro is on a distinguished road
mrjestro's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Folks.....first post ever........I have a question about this topic....let's say for conversation sake that you wanted to just purchase the TSB add a leaf springs outright and install them yourself. Is there an applicable part#? Are they stupid expensive? and is it a huge undertaking to install them?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
Steig is on a distinguished road
Steig's Tacoma Gallery
Got the Leak spring TSB done to my 2011 about 1 month ago.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #65
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'm sure this is a pretty fat chance, but... Would there be any chance that Toyota changed the manufacturing process of the leafs (is this even possible?) so that when they arch them, they made them more stout than a normal leaf pack? What I'm saying is, could they have made 3 newly-made leafs capable to carry the weight of the old TSB leaf packs?

I apologize in advance if I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sitting home sick today with nothing else to do.
Not a chance...especially near the end of a model run. A safety recall...yes (the gas pedal is an example)...but a TSB...not a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
My 2011 has a 4 leaf pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I would just go to a different dealer in that case
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
The Canadien model trucks have had the 4 pack for some time.
Its the US trucks that still come this way.
This is because the rest of the world uses the Tacoma as a truck...while in America, the Tacoma is used mostly by owners like it's an SUV...or even a car.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #66
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
by a leaf spring for 70 bucks...before I had a aal I would bottom out with 1 dirtbike...now I tow a trailer with 2 quads a dirtbike and full of camping gear..and I don't bottom out
Old 11-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #67
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjestro View Post
Hi Folks.....first post ever........I have a question about this topic....let's say for conversation sake that you wanted to just purchase the TSB add a leaf springs outright and install them yourself. Is there an applicable part#? Are they stupid expensive? and is it a huge undertaking to install them?
The TSB springs are a complete new set of rear springs, not an AAL. They are invoiced about 1600 bones...whereas you can get an aftermarket set for 300-400 bucks ish.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #68
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I'll add...

After literally dozens of new pickup trucks over the past 30 years...(I'm a home builder)

I can say with certainty...if I was not able to get the TSB done on my 2010 Tacoma...

There would be another Chevy or Ford in my driveway.

I love the Tacoma...and it fills my current needs. But one time hauling few hundred pounds in the bed I had saggin' azz big time...the TSB has fixed this.

Without the TSB fix...I would be without a Tacoma.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #69
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
The Canadien model trucks have had the 4 pack for some time.
Its the US trucks that still come this way.
I didn't know that, thanks.

Seems silly to make the production change on the Canadian ones only. I guess the silly americans are all pansies that don't put anything in their trucks, haha
Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #70
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I didn't know that, thanks.

Seems silly to make the production change on the Canadian ones only. I guess the silly americans are all pansies that don't put anything in their trucks, haha
I believe the production change is on the American models. I believe the rest of the world get Tacoma "trucks"...while we get Tacoma "cars" LoL
Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #71
grandpa4x4 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MS chief
grandpa4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have T-SB-0305-08 Rev. 2 and it lists 2005-2010. I'm just trying to get confirmation if Grandpa4x4 is correct and they in fact rolled it over to include 2011.[/quote]
It was confirmed to me today that this TSB will included 2011 by the Stealership. they are repairing mine tommorrow. Grandpa4x4
Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #72
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #73
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
In case anyone is still following this thread... Went in for 5k service and complained of a "squirrly" ride when loaded w/ 250-300#. Got a call from dealership who said theres a TSB out for the 2011's and that parts would be ordered tomorrow (parts closed at 5). Didn't get the TSB number or anything but figured I'd let y'all know.

This was Chula Vista Toyota in San Diego.