1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Falcon86, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    Falcon86

Falcon86 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    Service manager claims they can't duplicate the problems so they won't be able to get reimbursement from Toyota since the TSB isn't extended to 2011's. This is absolute bullshit.

My wife and newborn baby woke up extra early to follow me to the dealer this morning so I could drive the truck to the dealer and they gave me a ride to work. Have to hitch a ride from a co-worker back to the dealer later. Tremendous inconvenience for NO REASON at all seeing they wont' back up their product.

I'm 100% disappointed in Toyota as of now. I kindly stated to the service manager that we both know in 6 months the '11's will be covered under the TSB so let's just save us both the time and effort and get the work done now, but he said no.

2. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    mich3210

mich3210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    I'd suggest you call Toyota USA... see what they say.

3. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Priority or Checkered Flag?

4. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Yeah call corporate and tell them you have a very harsh ride and hitting the bump stops when there's a moderate size load in the bed. They'll give you a case number and hopefully you will be able to get it done then.
    If all else fails you could get an add a leaf

5. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    USNROBERTS

USNROBERTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT
    or buy a raptor!

6. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non

You can always call the BAR. They might be of some help. Not sure though, I too see dealers doing this type of thing more and more. there is no follow up, they sell the car and thats it. Good luck with getting taken care of after they already have the money from the purchase. Now if you would have made them fix it before you would buy it I bet you they would duplicate it then. Dealerships suck and I hope the Auto industry finds a way to do away with them. There has got to be a better way. Sorry you have had such issues, I cannot stand dealers, they r such DICKS sometimes. JOE>

7. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    Falcon86

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    I called Toyota USA about a week ago, already have a case #.

Checkered Flag Toyota (VB Blvd in Virginia Beach) does not seem to care about my case #.

8. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    If your truck is not experiencing the problem then you don't need an aal and they are certaintly not going to give you one for the hell of it. You can buy an aal for about 70 bucks, and it's super easy to do yourself. These "screw toyota for the tsb" threads are really getting on my nerves...Almost as much as the "my girlfriend dumped me" threads in the off topic section

9. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Contact Toyota corporate and go from there. IMO you can't really blame the service manager for the CYA approach. It may help to load up the truck and demonstrate that the truck bottoms out under load.

10. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    I cant say that I would really blame them if its not covered, If they wont get paid for it.

The dealer does the work and then sbmits a claim to get reimbursed for the work and parts (just like warranty work), if they are not gauranteed to get covered for it, I wouldnt do the work either.

I would just wait until it is covered, and then take it back and they will most likely do it no problem

I would be more concerned with the fact that the TSB was out before the 11s were built, yet they still have the old springs in them

Justin

11. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    Falcon86

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    The point is, my truck IS experiencing the problem. I had my dirtbike and a cooler in the back and going over bumps I've hit the bump stops. Not sure why you'd imply that I'm trying to get something my truck doesn't qualify for.

I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm trying to get them to back up their product. Excuse me for being concerned for the safety/comfort of my 6 month old baby in the backseat.

12. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Falcon86

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    I guess what I'm trying to demonstrate is that they clearly didn't take the truck out and see for themselves. They knew ahead of time that the 2011's aren't covered under the TSB yet, so they just flat out denied it but claimed they did their due diligence.

13. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Might have helped if the dirtbike was in the bed when you brang it in for them to see if you qualified....

14. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    jrws6

jrws6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    Just wait 6-12 months and by then the TSB will probaly include your 2011. Then the dealership will hook you up.

15. Nov 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I'm sure this is a pretty fat chance, but... Would there be any chance that Toyota changed the manufacturing process of the leafs (is this even possible?) so that when they arch them, they made them more stout than a normal leaf pack? What I'm saying is, could they have made 3 newly-made leafs capable to carry the weight of the old TSB leaf packs?

I apologize in advance if I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sitting home sick today with nothing else to do. :eek:

16. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    Falcon86

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    Dealer just called me back.

After calling their "regional technical rep", they were informed by him that the 2011's already have all the upgraded parts in them for the rear TSB. I was also told "My dirtbike and cooler in the back, plus the weight of the gas in the bike's tank likely ended up over the vehicle's maxium payload". I just started laughing at them and said "OK guys I really appreciate your hard work and honesty, when can I pick up my truck?".

Toyota (as a corporate entity) in 2 weeks has managed to lose most all of my respect.

17. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    fucking werd.

18. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    But .... it is not currently covered. That is like me saying when I buy a new pair of pants .... we both know in 6 months my waist is going to be 2' bigger .... not to be a smart ass but if it is not covered they have a valid point.

19. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    mwinslow

mwinslow Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma sport
    UVS VentShades, Line X'd UWS Low Pro tool box, Spring TSB
    falcon i also went to checkered flag on VB Blvd. My mother and sister have both bought vehicles from them in the past years and have great service. For me, that was a complete different story. I bought my 2010 at the beginning of august. AFTER i paid for the truck they decided to inform me that they would have to have the truck back as primer overspray from that big A%^ power pole out front got all over the truck when the power company came to paint it. THEY WOULD NOT let me choose another vehicle. I WAS VERY UNHAPPY. then when i brought the truck back up to get the paint touched up it took them a week to do one quarter panel. let me pick the truck up then i had to bring it back them for another week to finish it. Then i picked it up again cause they said it was done, WELL what do you know the entirely missed the roof and hood of the truck. i am very unpleased with checkered flag on VB BLVD and toyota in general. But again i also try to make the best of it. So im wondering when i take the truck back up what kind story they are going to try to tell me about my rear spring tsb and tranny tsb

20. Nov 2, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    Falcon86

Member:
    Virginia Beachshire
    Vehicle:
    Bone-stock
    Part # hasn't changed from previous TSB. Truck year has changed, I get it. But if all the part #'s are the same, and it's a part # that has been considered "insufficient" in the past, the concept of them not replacing it is lost on me. I love Toyota's as much as any of us, but fair treatment in return for my money is what I'm asking for, and my fanboy-ness will not outweigh that.

Products Discussed in

To Top