LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
'11 Taco been at dealer all day for rear TSB, they won't do it.

Service manager claims they can't duplicate the problems so they won't be able to get reimbursement from Toyota since the TSB isn't extended to 2011's. This is absolute bullshit.

My wife and newborn baby woke up extra early to follow me to the dealer this morning so I could drive the truck to the dealer and they gave me a ride to work. Have to hitch a ride from a co-worker back to the dealer later. Tremendous inconvenience for NO REASON at all seeing they wont' back up their product.

I'm 100% disappointed in Toyota as of now. I kindly stated to the service manager that we both know in 6 months the '11's will be covered under the TSB so let's just save us both the time and effort and get the work done now, but he said no.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
mich3210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
mich3210's Tacoma Gallery
I'd suggest you call Toyota USA... see what they say.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah call corporate and tell them you have a very harsh ride and hitting the bump stops when there's a moderate size load in the bed. They'll give you a case number and hopefully you will be able to get it done then.
If all else fails you could get an add a leaf
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
or buy a raptor!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Service manager claims they can't duplicate the problems so they won't be able to get reimbursement from Toyota since the TSB isn't extended to 2011's. This is absolute bullshit.

My wife and newborn baby woke up extra early to follow me to the dealer this morning so I could drive the truck to the dealer and they gave me a ride to work. Have to hitch a ride from a co-worker back to the dealer later. Tremendous inconvenience for NO REASON at all seeing they wont' back up their product.

I'm 100% disappointed in Toyota as of now. I kindly stated to the service manager that we both know in 6 months the '11's will be covered under the TSB so let's just save us both the time and effort and get the work done now, but he said no.

You can always call the BAR. They might be of some help. Not sure though, I too see dealers doing this type of thing more and more. there is no follow up, they sell the car and thats it. Good luck with getting taken care of after they already have the money from the purchase. Now if you would have made them fix it before you would buy it I bet you they would duplicate it then. Dealerships suck and I hope the Auto industry finds a way to do away with them. There has got to be a better way. Sorry you have had such issues, I cannot stand dealers, they r such DICKS sometimes. JOE>
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I called Toyota USA about a week ago, already have a case #.

Checkered Flag Toyota (VB Blvd in Virginia Beach) does not seem to care about my case #.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck is not experiencing the problem then you don't need an aal and they are certaintly not going to give you one for the hell of it. You can buy an aal for about 70 bucks, and it's super easy to do yourself. These "screw toyota for the tsb" threads are really getting on my nerves...Almost as much as the "my girlfriend dumped me" threads in the off topic section
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I cant say that I would really blame them if its not covered, If they wont get paid for it.

The dealer does the work and then sbmits a claim to get reimbursed for the work and parts (just like warranty work), if they are not gauranteed to get covered for it, I wouldnt do the work either.

I would just wait until it is covered, and then take it back and they will most likely do it no problem

I would be more concerned with the fact that the TSB was out before the 11s were built, yet they still have the old springs in them

Justin
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
If your truck is not experiencing the problem then you don't need an aal and they are certaintly not going to give you one for the hell of it. You can buy an aal for about 70 bucks, and it's super easy to do yourself. These "screw toyota for the tsb" threads are really getting on my nerves...Almost as much as the "my girlfriend dumped me" threads in the off topic section
The point is, my truck IS experiencing the problem. I had my dirtbike and a cooler in the back and going over bumps I've hit the bump stops. Not sure why you'd imply that I'm trying to get something my truck doesn't qualify for.

I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm trying to get them to back up their product. Excuse me for being concerned for the safety/comfort of my 6 month old baby in the backseat.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
I guess what I'm trying to demonstrate is that they clearly didn't take the truck out and see for themselves. They knew ahead of time that the 2011's aren't covered under the TSB yet, so they just flat out denied it but claimed they did their due diligence.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The point is, my truck IS experiencing the problem. I had my dirtbike and a cooler in the back and going over bumps I've hit the bump stops. Not sure why you'd imply that I'm trying to get something my truck doesn't qualify for.

I'm not trying to rip them off, I'm trying to get them to back up their product. Excuse me for being concerned for the safety/comfort of my 6 month old baby in the backseat.
Might have helped if the dirtbike was in the bed when you brang it in for them to see if you qualified....
Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait 6-12 months and by then the TSB will probaly include your 2011. Then the dealership will hook you up.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure this is a pretty fat chance, but... Would there be any chance that Toyota changed the manufacturing process of the leafs (is this even possible?) so that when they arch them, they made them more stout than a normal leaf pack? What I'm saying is, could they have made 3 newly-made leafs capable to carry the weight of the old TSB leaf packs?

I apologize in advance if I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sitting home sick today with nothing else to do.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #16
Dealer just called me back.

After calling their "regional technical rep", they were informed by him that the 2011's already have all the upgraded parts in them for the rear TSB. I was also told "My dirtbike and cooler in the back, plus the weight of the gas in the bike's tank likely ended up over the vehicle's maxium payload". I just started laughing at them and said "OK guys I really appreciate your hard work and honesty, when can I pick up my truck?".

Toyota (as a corporate entity) in 2 weeks has managed to lose most all of my respect.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
fucking werd.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But .... it is not currently covered. That is like me saying when I buy a new pair of pants .... we both know in 6 months my waist is going to be 2' bigger .... not to be a smart ass but if it is not covered they have a valid point.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
mwinslow is on a distinguished road
mwinslow's Tacoma Gallery
falcon i also went to checkered flag on VB Blvd. My mother and sister have both bought vehicles from them in the past years and have great service. For me, that was a complete different story. I bought my 2010 at the beginning of august. AFTER i paid for the truck they decided to inform me that they would have to have the truck back as primer overspray from that big A%^ power pole out front got all over the truck when the power company came to paint it. THEY WOULD NOT let me choose another vehicle. I WAS VERY UNHAPPY. then when i brought the truck back up to get the paint touched up it took them a week to do one quarter panel. let me pick the truck up then i had to bring it back them for another week to finish it. Then i picked it up again cause they said it was done, WELL what do you know the entirely missed the roof and hood of the truck. i am very unpleased with checkered flag on VB BLVD and toyota in general. But again i also try to make the best of it. So im wondering when i take the truck back up what kind story they are going to try to tell me about my rear spring tsb and tranny tsb
Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
But .... it is not currently covered. That is like me saying when I buy a new pair of pants .... we both know in 6 months my waist is going to be 2' bigger .... not to be a smart ass but if it is not covered they have a valid point.
Part # hasn't changed from previous TSB. Truck year has changed, I get it. But if all the part #'s are the same, and it's a part # that has been considered "insufficient" in the past, the concept of them not replacing it is lost on me. I love Toyota's as much as any of us, but fair treatment in return for my money is what I'm asking for, and my fanboy-ness will not outweigh that.