1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Bags

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by K9JCA, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Nov 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    K9JCA

K9JCA [OP] Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner
    side bars, bed cover
    I'll try and keep a long story short. 2005 with 83,000 miles (purchased new). Have followed service as per factory by the dealer. Air bag light came on and since it was due an oil change anyway asked to have it checked out. Dealer (whom I have always gotten along with BTW) charged me $45 to look at it. They told me I would have to spend another $300 to "maybe" be able to track down the problem. I said no thank you and contacted Toyota customer service who promptly told me there was nothing they could do since it was out of warranty and to contact the dealer. Part of me understands that yes, 83k is way out of warranty but I also am having a tough time with spending another $300 and for "maybe" fix. Anyone else had this (airbag light) problem?

2. Nov 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Odds are its the clock spring. You need to get the code read. Go to autozone.

Products Discussed in

To Top