Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Something wrong with electical part of car???

Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Something wrong with electical part of car???

for the past 2 days the light on the dash board of the car battery has been on but the car was running fine till about an hour ago when i turned my car off for 1min and then it would not start. So i then preceded to jump start the car. After this i drove off and everything went to a shit storm, all the lights on the dashboard went on the cd player/ radio turned on and off the speedometer jumps from 0 to the speed im going then while driving into my drive way the car died while still moving. Can any one tell me what is wrong or if they have a guesss???
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your battery is not charging. The red battery light went on when charging stopped and you were able to continue driving until the battery was completely exhausted. Most likely alternator is not working.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a voltmeter- and can get the truck running- it should read between 13.6 to around 14 Volts if alternator is charging. If voltage is below 13.6 alternator is not putting out enough to charge battery. Also check that alternator belt is not slipping or broken. Check that all connections to battery are tight and ground wires are tightly connected to chassis of vehicle.

If you have a battery charger you should be able to charge battery overnight and be able to drive the vehicle for repair or to get parts.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
check it
Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like a bad alternator. If you don't have a voltage meter the auto parts store can test it for free.