1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I go get my money back

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bobcat, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    Bobcat

Bobcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    I had an alignment done at Big O. First mistake I know. Now the steering wheel is turned to one side which bugs me. Also it seems to wonder a bit more than before, so I went to the print out to see what they changed. To my suprise they have the alignment specs for a 2006 Tundra instead of a Tacoma. I went and looked up on here the specs for a Tacoma and they are different but the adjustments the shop made are still in the range of the acceptable Tacoma specs.

So I guess my question is. Is there a middle ground on the Tacoma specs they would be aiming for? If so, this middle ground would be different than the middle ground on the Tundra specs then right?

Should I go ask for a refund and go somewhere else? Also I hate that the wheel is turned while the truck is going straight. Shouldnt that not be happening?

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    well you should never pay someone to make your truck worse than it was. go get them to fix it.

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    That should definatley not be happening. A good shop would align your wheels in spec and straiten your steering wheel. Sounds like they didnt adjust it right at all. Id either go get my money back or make them do it again bu the right way.

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    jmdaniel

jmdaniel Has A Well Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 CrewMax, 1977 FJ40 Landcruiser
    Did the check bounce? If not, go back and get what you paid for. You payee, you should getee.

The Toyota dealer here in Round Rock, TX did the front end after I put OME springs on my FJ Cruiser. It immediately pulled to the right when I left the dealership, but I didn't have time to stick around. When I went back the next day, I was greeted by a new tech. We went out in the vehicle, I showed him what happened, and gave him the specs I had pulled off the forum. He redid the alignment, and no issues. I asked the guy why he was assigned, and he told me that he handled "troublesome" customers. Ha! He also said the dealership paid newbie techs by the job for FE alignments, so their interest is just in getting the car within specs and moving on, not necessarily in getting it right. So teach the tech and the dealership a lesson. If they are going to waste your time, waste theirs, and make them do it right.

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    what does it wonder about?

6. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Take it back. Have them make it right. Tell them exactly what is wrong with it.

7. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    OmahaStylee

OmahaStylee Beating Anorexia since 1976

Member:
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD
    FRONT: Toytec CO's & diff drop BACK: AllPro standard leaf kit with Bilsteins and axle shims

yeah, & you shouldn't have to pay a dime to do so.

Put yer foot down... and if they talk smack about paying for a re-alignment, put yer foot up their a$$

8. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Haha, go get it fixed... Why you went with them is beyond me though. Its even sketchy looking when you drive by! Right now you're paying them to make your vehicle worse.

9. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Ha!! That is what is was wondering too!!

It doesn't matter too much that they used tundra vs tacoma. A good tech should know where it needs to be. The steering wheel being crooked is not acceptable though. You need to take it back and have them re-do the alignment.

10. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    X2

11. Nov 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Bobcat

Bobcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    Ok, went back. They said they could fix it in 10 min. An hour later he came out and said something must be wrong with my tires cause now they cant even get it to drive straight. Funny how it was driving stright but with a turned steering wheel when I went it. So it is 100% worse now than before the original time I took it in, and I am convinced that if I gave them a week they couldn't figure it out.

They are blaming it on my duratrac tires. Never had a problem before they touched it. They gave me $65 credit for next time. What next time?

12. Nov 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Find another alignment shop...

And let us know the name of the Fugtards who can't get it right so nobody else wastes their time too.

13. Nov 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Firestone did the same thing to my friends F-150. They had to align it like 4 times.

14. Nov 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    You need to get your money back for the alignment. Then go to a different shop. Unfortunately, most places don't care about the alignment tech, because they don't make the shop money like the tire guys do. So a lot of times the alignment "tech" is very inexperienced.

Products Discussed in

To Top