LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I go get my money back

Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Should I go get my money back

I had an alignment done at Big O. First mistake I know. Now the steering wheel is turned to one side which bugs me. Also it seems to wonder a bit more than before, so I went to the print out to see what they changed. To my suprise they have the alignment specs for a 2006 Tundra instead of a Tacoma. I went and looked up on here the specs for a Tacoma and they are different but the adjustments the shop made are still in the range of the acceptable Tacoma specs.

So I guess my question is. Is there a middle ground on the Tacoma specs they would be aiming for? If so, this middle ground would be different than the middle ground on the Tundra specs then right?

Should I go ask for a refund and go somewhere else? Also I hate that the wheel is turned while the truck is going straight. Shouldnt that not be happening?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well you should never pay someone to make your truck worse than it was. go get them to fix it.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
That should definatley not be happening. A good shop would align your wheels in spec and straiten your steering wheel. Sounds like they didnt adjust it right at all. Id either go get my money back or make them do it again bu the right way.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Did the check bounce? If not, go back and get what you paid for. You payee, you should getee.

The Toyota dealer here in Round Rock, TX did the front end after I put OME springs on my FJ Cruiser. It immediately pulled to the right when I left the dealership, but I didn't have time to stick around. When I went back the next day, I was greeted by a new tech. We went out in the vehicle, I showed him what happened, and gave him the specs I had pulled off the forum. He redid the alignment, and no issues. I asked the guy why he was assigned, and he told me that he handled "troublesome" customers. Ha! He also said the dealership paid newbie techs by the job for FE alignments, so their interest is just in getting the car within specs and moving on, not necessarily in getting it right. So teach the tech and the dealership a lesson. If they are going to waste your time, waste theirs, and make them do it right.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
what does it wonder about?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Take it back. Have them make it right. Tell them exactly what is wrong with it.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Take it back. Have them make it right. Tell them exactly what is wrong with it.

yeah, & you shouldn't have to pay a dime to do so.

Put yer foot down... and if they talk smack about paying for a re-alignment, put yer foot up their a$$
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, go get it fixed... Why you went with them is beyond me though. Its even sketchy looking when you drive by! Right now you're paying them to make your vehicle worse.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
what does it wonder about?
Ha!! That is what is was wondering too!!

It doesn't matter too much that they used tundra vs tacoma. A good tech should know where it needs to be. The steering wheel being crooked is not acceptable though. You need to take it back and have them re-do the alignment.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
That should definatley not be happening. A good shop would align your wheels in spec and straiten your steering wheel. Sounds like they didnt adjust it right at all. Id either go get my money back or make them do it again bu the right way.
X2
Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, went back. They said they could fix it in 10 min. An hour later he came out and said something must be wrong with my tires cause now they cant even get it to drive straight. Funny how it was driving stright but with a turned steering wheel when I went it. So it is 100% worse now than before the original time I took it in, and I am convinced that if I gave them a week they couldn't figure it out.

They are blaming it on my duratrac tires. Never had a problem before they touched it. They gave me $65 credit for next time. What next time?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Find another alignment shop...

And let us know the name of the Fugtards who can't get it right so nobody else wastes their time too.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone did the same thing to my friends F-150. They had to align it like 4 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You need to get your money back for the alignment. Then go to a different shop. Unfortunately, most places don't care about the alignment tech, because they don't make the shop money like the tire guys do. So a lot of times the alignment "tech" is very inexperienced.