Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally started my bed light mod

Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Finally finished my bed light mod

So i finally started working on my bed light mods. Been looking at different alternatives for a while and i've read a lot of write ups but i haven't liked any of them. I decided to come up with my own. I found a carling bedlight switch on carlings website and after about a month of searching for it on-line Mud-UK was able to get one for me in red like i had wanted. So then it was on to bed lights...I looked around for about a week straight and finally found some flush mount 12v reverse/back-up lights that i thought would work perfect.

Next i took a hard piece of plastic about 1/8" tick and jut it up with the jigsaw to fit the side bed pockets. I tried using 1/4" wood but it just kept breaking as the one end had to be very thin for the way i wanted them mounted. I used lock-tite 5min epoxy to glue the plastic pieces in place.

So then i sanded it all down and dropped them off at line-x and that is where they sit until tomorrow evening. I also mounted a carling 3 switch blank in my center console that i will use for bed lights, off road lights, and a cb radio. I dropped the center console off at line-x as well to get sprayed. I think it will give it a nice look for the rest of the cab, too much silver in there for me.

Here is a teaser pic, finished pics on page 2:

Here's some pics:

The light, gromet and wiring plug

Here they are for part numbers and brand

My bed pockets modded, before line-x. You can see that i angled the lights both back and down to illuminate the entire bed.

The best part of these lights was the total. Everywhere i found these lights on-line they were 30 bucks a piece + the plug and + shipping

My carling bed light switch

Here is the 3 switch panel i installed in my center console as well

So, the center console and bed pockets are at line-x right now and i'll have them back tomorrow. I'll take pics when i get them back and install them.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great so far. Props on the originality. I'm not sure I dig line-xing the center console though. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperstd View Post
Looks great so far. Props on the originality. I'm not sure I dig line-xing the center console though. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
I wasn't origionally going to but i nicked the right of the 3 gauge panel with the dremel and i love line-x so it just works out that way. It'll drive me crazy if i see that little black dot there
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Like the idea, but the Line-X doesn't sit on me well. It is sharp and not elbow/clothing friendly

But

Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
can't wait to see finished pics
Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
tacomaintraining will become famous soon enoughtacomaintraining will become famous soon enough
tacomaintraining's Tacoma Gallery
that looks badass my man
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! NICE JOB!!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #18
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
Looks better already
I like that a lot more than I thought I would! Nice
Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man good job.