Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Value of used TRD suspension

Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Value of used TRD suspension

Howdy,

I'm thinking about selling off my TRD-OR suspension: front struts assembled, and rear shocks. They're immacualte and removed at about 10k.

What is this stuff going for?

I browsed the For Sale section and didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Well it depends how youd like to sell them. Just the shocks could sell anywhere from 100-170 dollars. With the coils and assembly, it would prolly bump up too maybe 200 ish.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Hmmm. I don't think that you'll get much for them. They are not that fabulous of a setup - many folks buy the TRD OR and remove them for an aftermarket solution so I'd guess there are a lot available?

Of course you can always put it up on Craigs List - and who knows, maybe someone will offer you an interesting trade?

Here is my story.. upgraded my suspension to OME, gave the TRD setup to some guy with a jeep cherokee? Then put an ARB bumper on the front and wa stuck with the factory front bumper, nobody wanted it - even a salvage yard said they'd charge me to take it off my hands. Put it on Craigs List and some guy traded me an $800 All Pro rear bumper for it and my factory rear as well. So, you just never know.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This also might be a good idea for people that dont have a trd but want to upgrade.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
Hmmm. I don't think that you'll get much for them. They are not that fabulous of a setup - many folks buy the TRD OR and remove them for an aftermarket solution so I'd guess there are a lot available?

Of course you can always put it up on Craigs List - and who knows, maybe someone will offer you an interesting trade?

Here is my story.. upgraded my suspension to OME, gave the TRD setup to some guy with a jeep cherokee? Then put an ARB bumper on the front and wa stuck with the factory front bumper, nobody wanted it - even a salvage yard said they'd charge me to take it off my hands. Put it on Craigs List and some guy traded me an $800 All Pro rear bumper for it and my factory rear as well. So, you just never know.
Wow man, you lucked out on that deal. I upgraded a while back and figured I'd keep the stock suspension if I ever sell it, and then sell off my SAW setup seperately. But true to form it looks like this rig will be built up more and more and my garage will be full of stock Tacoma parts in a few years.

I'm kinda on the fence about keeping them: inevitably the SAWs will have to be rebuilt/serviced at some point and it would be nice to have back ups while I'm doing that (I have a 2" strut tower spacer to match the height so I won't need to swap tires). Then again, it's all just collecting dust right now and the SAW rebuild couldn't take more than a Saturday...

I guess if someone has a 2nd gen with beat suspension they could save a couple hundo by buying my used stockers.

Maybe I could list them as $300 installed? Seems decent.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #6

ya. Id do that or maybe 250ish shipped