1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Value of used TRD suspension

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nvdeserted, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Howdy,

I'm thinking about selling off my TRD-OR suspension: front struts assembled, and rear shocks. They're immacualte and removed at about 10k.

What is this stuff going for?

I browsed the For Sale section and didn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Well it depends how youd like to sell them. Just the shocks could sell anywhere from 100-170 dollars. With the coils and assembly, it would prolly bump up too maybe 200 ish.

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Hmmm. I don't think that you'll get much for them. They are not that fabulous of a setup - many folks buy the TRD OR and remove them for an aftermarket solution so I'd guess there are a lot available?

Of course you can always put it up on Craigs List - and who knows, maybe someone will offer you an interesting trade?

Here is my story.. upgraded my suspension to OME, gave the TRD setup to some guy with a jeep cherokee? Then put an ARB bumper on the front and wa stuck with the factory front bumper, nobody wanted it - even a salvage yard said they'd charge me to take it off my hands. Put it on Craigs List and some guy traded me an $800 All Pro rear bumper for it and my factory rear as well. So, you just never know.

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    Hiatt1991

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    This also might be a good idea for people that dont have a trd but want to upgrade.

5. Nov 5, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Wow man, you lucked out on that deal. I upgraded a while back and figured I'd keep the stock suspension if I ever sell it, and then sell off my SAW setup seperately. But true to form it looks like this rig will be built up more and more and my garage will be full of stock Tacoma parts in a few years.

I'm kinda on the fence about keeping them: inevitably the SAWs will have to be rebuilt/serviced at some point and it would be nice to have back ups while I'm doing that (I have a 2" strut tower spacer to match the height so I won't need to swap tires). Then again, it's all just collecting dust right now and the SAW rebuild couldn't take more than a Saturday...

I guess if someone has a 2nd gen with beat suspension they could save a couple hundo by buying my used stockers.

Maybe I could list them as $300 installed? Seems decent.

6. Nov 5, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    Hiatt1991

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    ya. Id do that or maybe 250ish shipped

Products Discussed in