Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is this component?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
What is this component?

When I installed my iPod & AUX input adapter I found this component wired inline with the antenna in my stock 07 JBL head unit. What is it?
Attached Thumbnails
What is this component?-2010-11-05-12.49.51.jpg   What is this component?-2010-11-05-12.51.07.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like some sort of antenna booster
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have never seen that before. Maybe a noise filter?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
that is the flux capacitor
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitDecision View Post
Looks like some sort of antenna booster
That was my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have never seen that before. Maybe a noise filter?
Looks like the kind of component that might be used with a CB radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
That's ridiculous, the flux capacitor is beneath the rear bench seat.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's a booster. I used to have one just like it in my '95. I never felt like it added much.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATRD View Post
It's a booster. I used to have one just like it in my '95. I never felt like it added much.
Thanks for the reply. I had the truck for about a month before took it out, and I there was no noticeable change in the clarity or signal. Guess it's another gizmo to collect dust in the "random electronics" box.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
Thanks for the reply. I had the truck for about a month before took it out, and I there was no noticeable change in the clarity or signal. Guess it's another gizmo to collect dust in the "random electronics" box.
You ought to post it in the pay it forard-free stuff thread, somebody might want it
Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
2ndtaco07 is on a distinguished road
2ndtaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
LMFAO
Old 11-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
To be safe...just dont hit 88 mph.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #12
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
That's a gps tracking unit the feds put in while you were asleep.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
me gusta pechos firmes

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...f/em01d0up.pdf
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacoTrD View Post
That's a gps tracking unit the feds put in while you were asleep.
Big brother is watching... next thing you'll get a call from the FBI saying they want their tracking device back!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
nope thats people listening to you.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #16
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldnt mind having it for my boat
Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
yea.. they make XM antennas and stuff.. well did.. looks like all they made.
so.. I'd say it was part of a satellite radio at one point.