Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Subwoofer placement in double cabs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Aftermarket Subwoofer placement in double cabs

Hey fellas,

I got a double cab, and want to put in a subwoofer, and wanted to hear / see where you chose to put them.

I don't really want to put it behind the seats because I already have that space stocked full of gear and medical stuff.

I want to put it under the seat of either driver or passenger, but not sure about depth clearence, motion of seats, etc.

SO....

flash up those pictures of after market subs... hopefully someone has one under the seats.

CHEERS
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on how much punch you want, you could go with 1 or 2 of these...

I have heard lots of good things about them, and there are a few members on here that run them. I don't remember or not if they will fit under the seats, but I am sure someone else knows.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Q7EK81334XM0HY
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
those are nice

I should have specified... my apologies

I am not looking for enough bass for everyone stopped at the red light.... just enough for a little more kick in my rig.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
those are nice

I should have specified... my apologies

I am not looking for enough bass for everyone stopped at the red light.... just enough for a little more kick in my rig.
Yeah I figured as much. It's only an 8 inch. One of those should do just fine, and provide a nice clean low end to get the job done. Its just a matter if it fits or not...
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
u dont have to take up the full back seats. if u want you can put a small sub and amp and it wont even take up half of the space in the back.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to mr Marv. He's a vendor on here. He built the enclosures, which are the most accurate I have ever seen plus, he Helped me find all the speakers.

Many people use him because he knows his stuff...

This is all hidden behind the back seat.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean's View Post
Talk to mr Marv. He's a vendor on here. He built the enclosures, which are the most accurate I have ever seen plus, he Helped me find all the speakers.

Many people use him because he knows his stuff...

This is all hidden behind the back seat.
^^ that's so clean.

Owen I'm looking to do something similar to what you want too. I've got the stock JBL in mine, but the sub that it comes with is weak...Maybe a single or dual 10's behind the seat...I dunno if 2 would be overdoing it...
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
MadeInMaine

EMS:
So far I like the Boss Bass600 series the best, under the seat.
Behind my rear seats are full, and don't want to put subs there anyway.

Does anyone have the Boss Bass600 under their seats?
does it clear the height?
etc etc

thanks for all the answers guys!

cheers
Old 11-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
this was from a review from the link above...

7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, July 23, 2008
By H. Cheung - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer (Single) (Electronics)
I own a 2002 Toyota Tacoma base cab and there is VERY LITTLE space in this truck. I wanted to find a subwoofer really small that came with an amp and box already built in. The Boss Audio Bass600 was perfect in meeting all my needs. It fits right under the driver's seat and sounds GREAT! The bass sounds loud with no distortion. I can literally feel the power of this sub underneath me as a drive. All my friends thought I had two ten-inch subwoofers when they sat in my truck. For its size, it sounds amazing. It will not set your neighbors' alarms off, but it definitely will give you some "boom." I highly recommend this product to people with small vehicles. For $100, this sub/amp cannot be beat.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
superminsoo is on a distinguished road

superminsoo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to superminsoo
^ do these work with the stock HU?

Edit* Search is a wonderful thing
Old 11-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
This is like the boss http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...PT.html?tp=114
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
MadeInMaine

EMS:
ooooohhh

she's a beaut
Old 11-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
bk1 is just really nicebk1 is just really nicebk1 is just really nicebk1 is just really nicebk1 is just really nice

Law Enforcement:
bk1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superminsoo View Post
^ do these work with the stock HU?

Edit* Search is a wonderful thing
the "tech specs" dont say if its got RCA or line level inputs, so if its line level inputs, you can directly hook it up from the factory stereo speaker wires

If its RCA inputs then all you need is a line level adapter, and most audio stores will have them for around $20.

Basic Style:

http://www.raptor-online.com/products12.html

Adjustable output level:

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../productID/994

So it wouldnt take much to make it work...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
wanting same thing so sub'd for info.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #15
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd curious to see a review of it in our trucks.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08chocotaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TAYLOR
08chocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
nah for a cheaper smaller sub, go Kicker comp or comp pro. slide it underr your seat so you dont lose storage
Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
Tacomaman2008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacomaman2008's Tacoma Gallery
I personally got this for my 08 Dbl Cab.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commer...d=105&catId=69

Fit's Really Well back there. While it may not be as nice as the stuff that Mr Marv makes , the price is right.

They also sell, Single Boxes ( you'll only lose 1 storage bin instead of both)
and Triple Boxes.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #19
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
boom boom boom

Products Discussed in this Thread