Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog light question, Help!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
BRUINS 4 LIFE
drade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
drade's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light question, Help!

Hey guys, well I want fog lights . I would prefer toyota fog light kit, but I cant find a whole set. These are the two that I found. And by the way, I have an 07 base model and it has the slots for the fog lights, are there any specific kind of bolt pattern I need?

Here are the two kits:

Solara kit at 168$- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

My favorite color (kit)! 120$
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YELLO...Q5fAccessories

Which is better, and am I looking in the right direction? Is aftermarket reliable, when it comes to electronics im really picky. Thanks tacoma enthiusists.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Find some fogs from a Tacoma. You need the Fog lights, the switch, and the relay. The wireing should be in place.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Find some fogs from a Tacoma. You need the Fog lights, the switch, and the relay. The wireing should be in place.
Yup! If you have a V6, the wiring should be there...taped or somehow fastened in the back side of your bumper. The harness is probably ended in your dash behind where the switch would go. Just gotta find 'em.

4 cylinder.....no such luck. I had to install everything.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Poorboy7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Poorboy7's Tacoma Gallery
I Installed some after market piece of shit fog-lights I bought off E-Butthole-Bay and after 6 months of working properly they took a dump on me. Im going to replace them with Toyota ones.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
BRUINS 4 LIFE
drade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Yup! If you have a V6, the wiring should be there...taped or somehow fastened in the back side of your bumper. The harness is probably ended in your dash behind where the switch would go. Just gotta find 'em.

4 cylinder.....no such luck. I had to install everything.

I do have the v6, And I would love to check to see if the wiring is there. I will do this and get back to you. And how hard is it to hook these baby's up using the wiring.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drade View Post
I do have the v6, And I would love to check to see if the wiring is there. I will do this and get back to you. And how hard is it to hook these baby's up using the wiring.
Everything plugs right in. The worst part is cutting the zip ties holding the wire harnesses in place
Old 11-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drade View Post
Thats what I have read. I got the fog lights off my buddy. Its a set of original toyota fog lights left and right, and came with two bulbs and the back. All I need is a switch, and a relay? Don't I need wire to go from my fog lights to the prewired wires? And where can I get a switch and a relay?
You can get the switch from Ebay or the dealer, and the relay can be found at any auto parts place. All the wiring should be in place.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get the whole fog light thing. Generally, their beam patterns are useless at anything above a walking speed and when used in wet conditions, they simply cause glare for oncoming drivers. You're far better off with driving lights that have a longer reach with a pencil-type beam. People turn on fog lights because they think they it makes them look special... well... I got news. Fog lights on for no reason make you look stupid to anyone who knows a bit about lighting. Check out http://www.danielsternlighting.com for the straight story on lights.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
BRUINS 4 LIFE

drade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You can get the switch from Ebay or the dealer, and the relay can be found at any auto parts place. All the wiring should be in place.

Thank you I got the parts on order. I do notice it is plug and play, which is cool. You just hook the wiring harness in the back of the fog lights. But the only question is, how easy is it to set up the fog light switch and the relay? Is there a nice instruction manual for a prewired base model tacoma? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what about us based need wiring write up