Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toneau cover/Bed extender conflict

Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
Toneau cover/Bed extender conflict

I have a little problem. I just installed my new toneau cover. The problem is that with the cover clamps at the back of the bed, they can not be fastened down with the bed extender in there. I have to take it out to clamp down the cover. I wanted to use the bed extender in the bed to keep things from sliding around the bed. It would double as a divider to keep stuff jsut inside the tailgate.
Any one encounter this issue? If so, how did you deal with or make it work?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of tonneau cover do you have. With the Access covers due to the way they are mounted, you have to trim the extender about 1/2" on each side and then it works just fine
Old 11-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
I just put on the Tonno Pro. The problem that I am having is with the rear clamps, the bed extender interferes with them being latched when extender is folded in the bed.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure someone else on here has one and might be able to help... It's kinda slow so far this weekend... might take a day or two to find someone able to help.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
razortaco is on a distinguished road
razortaco's Tacoma Gallery
OP - did you ever find a solution for this issue? I just ordered the Tonno Pro and was considering a bed extender as well but am curious if you were ever able to get it to work. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #7

No, I have net been able to figure it out. I have thought about cutting the lock down latches on the tonneau cover, but not sure if I want to do that yet. I just fold the cover back for now when I need to install and use the bed extender.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #8
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get your cover from the dealer or manufacture? Either way you should have been told they can't work together. I almost made the same mistake. If you don't have one, get a bed mat. I have no idea what type of rubber they used to make it, but whatever you put onto it close to the tailgate well be there when you get home. They are the cats ass.

Frank
Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
silver11 is on a distinguished road
silver11's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue with my cover I ended up triming down the handels that lock it down and now it works great with my extender.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #10
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver11 View Post
I had the same issue with my cover I ended up trimming down the handles that lock it down and now it works great with my extender.
What type of cover?

Frank
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver11 View Post
I had the same issue with my cover I ended up triming down the handels that lock it down and now it works great with my extender.
That is what I wanted to do with them also to make them work together.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery