Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blower Fan Chirp, dealer fix!!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
JMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
JMan551's Tacoma Gallery
Blower Fan Chirp, dealer fix!!

or not! I had my dealer check out my heater chirp. I couldn't use the fan on setting 1 or 2, and 3 is starting to go. I was told there was a new unit on order along with an anti rattle kit. Later I'm told my truck has the updated fan and they found an anti rattle kit.

Anti rattle kit did absolutely NOTHING to solve the issue. I was basically told to not bother calling back cause there was nothing they could do. Maybe I should call Toyota Service to ask about a solution. I was told to do this by my service adviser, but 'not at his instruction.'

So am I f'ed? Dealer says they won't do anything more, and I'm sure I'll get nothing from Toyota. I'm going to call and make them install a new blower fan anyway. Service guy said he's already installed two new ones in one truck in less than a year.

So far, I'm not extremely satisfied with my entire Toyota experience...I'd say 80% dealer and 20% product!

JER
Old 11-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
MJG is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MJG's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I just got mine replaced 2 weeks ago via the tsb. The new one is already beginning to chirp again. It's very annoying. Hope they wont give me grief when I take it back..
Old 11-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
dude there's no sense in worrying about it. learn how to fix it yourself, cause it comes back every other month
Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
jackalope killer
L.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really niceL.V.T. is just really nice

L.V.T.'s Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue. It's intermittent and only on low speed. I was gonna have Toyota look at it because my truck only has 4500 miles on it, but I found a write up on Toyotanation.com on how to fix this. There are apparently 1 or 2 adjustment screws on the fan motor it's self. Check out the write up, there's good instructions on how to do it. And it seems pretty easy.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same rattle, dealer installed an isulation kit that actually helped a great deal....
Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
JMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJMan551 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JMan551's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I've seen the screw adjustment DIY as well as the bearing grease DIY. I think it's extremely ridiculous that I have to do this fix myself (as fun as it is to tinker with things!!) on a brand new truck. I'm just still bitter about the whole experience with the dealership as well as the crappy part! I do like my truck, it goes places my GTI just couldn't!!!!

JER
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
someone pos diy link for the fix please...i got same problem. In the meantime i will search for the solution...
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the same problem. Tearing it apart and greasing it is a temporary fix. After the third time, I just gave up. I'm fully convinced that this is a rampant problem. It's hard to believe that they've ignored the issue for five years.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
JMan551's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like it is time for a phone campaign? How many of you have called Toyota about this? I've never started any sort of campaign...I can give this a shot. I guess this could be practice for going into politics? lol

JER
Old 11-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue, drived me nuts! I talked to toyota and they told me my truck is out of warrenty on this part, bc im at 62k miles.....
So I just gave up and order the aftermarket one on RockAuto.com for 50 bucks shipped, and it hasnt started chearping. (its only been 2 days) hehehe......
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
JMan551's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know I have that alternative, I hope it doesn't come to me having to order an aftermarket interior fan!

Brush Prairie...lol!

JER
Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I used the volume control on my stereo to fix that issue.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
JMan551's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait...honest to goodness that will not work after awhile!! Whether it gets so bad you can still hear it or it makes your ears bleed in between songs. I used to just drown it out with volume, but mine has become pretty bad. Maybe worse than most? Maybe I waited longer to get it fixed than most?

JER
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Mines been doing it for about a year now. It's annoying as hell, but I almost always have a way to drown it out. I haven't bothered doing the DIY fix yet. I still need to fix the damn overhead console.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #15
Tckwarrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Tckwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I used the volume control on my stereo to fix that issue.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #16
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan551 View Post
Good to know I have that alternative, I hope it doesn't come to me having to order an aftermarket interior fan!

Brush Prairie...lol!

JER
lol.... What? Brush Prairie is a funny name...
Old 11-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #17

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
And I have had the new blower for a week now, and its still silent. Yippy! I hope it stays that way...
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #18
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 Tundra just started doing this. I thought it was the cup hold rattling. Figures, it's almost winter too.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
TRIBE 10
jnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: F-18 E/F(Super Hornet) Aviation Electronics Technician (AT2)
Name: Jay
jnoley07's Tacoma Gallery
This thing SUCKS! I had mine replaced under warranty and guess what, it worked for about 2 weeks and then the same ol chirping song started again! This thing drives me nuts! Im ready for a phone campaign! This thing is ridiculous!
I may just buy the aftermarket one, somebody please give me the part #.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
IMO Chris4x4 should do a DYI thread about this issue.