Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blu Logic Help/ Replacements

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
loyalistdsw is on a distinguished road
loyalistdsw's Tacoma Gallery
Blu Logic Help/ Replacements

Had the Blu Logic System installed in my 2010 TRD D/C. After many months have come to the conclusion IT SUCKS!! The people I speak to only hear echoes of my voice and the voice recognition on my Iphone 4 canít understand what I am saying unless I lean within 2 inches of the mic. Any one out there had this problem and how did you get it fixed. Also looking for recommendations on good Iphone 4 compatible Bluetooth systems that don't require an ear piece (Ear piece drives me nuts) Any help would be great.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
I passed on the blu logic system being installed and just went with a new head unti that has all the goodies (bluetooth, XM, dvd).
The salesman, when I bought my truck, actually told me that the blu logic was no good.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
bendawg62 is on a distinguished road
bendawg62's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same truck and had the same problem. On the original installation the mic was mounted down by the ignition key. I relocated the mic to the upper console and have been told that it is 100% better for sound quality. With the original mic location (this is where Toyota recommends the placement to be) the blutooth was virtually unusable, now it works very well. Hopefully this helps.
ps - the dealership offered to relocate it for no charge, but I decided to do it myself.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
wanna sell me your blu logic if you don't like it?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

i installed like 3 a week for the dealers had tons of mic problems then rostra came out with these i have been installing tons and have no complaints, easy install.

http://rostra.com/products/converse-...by-rostra.html
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
It's My Rap Name. We all Have One.
dziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Tom
dziddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
i installed like 3 a week for the dealers had tons of mic problems then rostra came out with these i have been installing tons and have no complaints, easy install.

http://rostra.com/products/converse-...by-rostra.html
You install any in 2011 Regular Cab's? Web site doesn't cross-reference the 2011 Tacoma. Hoping it's just not up to date.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziddy View Post
You install any in 2011 Regular Cab's? Web site doesn't cross-reference the 2011 Tacoma. Hoping it's just not up to date.
Yes tons Jbl or not?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
I added the rostra Blu logic set up to my 2011 and it is awesome. i put the mic right on colum and no complaints from anyone.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
I put one of these Parrott CK3100s in my GF's Camry. LCD display, seamless phonebook duplication, voice control, works great. With the correct t-harness installation is plug and play.

http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-CK3100-...4959663&sr=8-1
Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #10
It's My Rap Name. We all Have One.
dziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Tom
dziddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsxr View Post
Yes tons Jbl or not?
Base sound system (non-JBL).
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #11
Betty Blue
Fennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: VFA
Name: Matt
Fennywald's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalistdsw View Post
Had the Blu Logic System installed in my 2010 TRD D/C. After many months have come to the conclusion IT SUCKS!! The people I speak to only hear echoes of my voice and the voice recognition on my Iphone 4 canít understand what I am saying unless I lean within 2 inches of the mic. Any one out there had this problem and how did you get it fixed. Also looking for recommendations on good Iphone 4 compatible Bluetooth systems that don't require an ear piece (Ear piece drives me nuts) Any help would be great.
Hmmm.. that's weird.. chose mine as a option on my truck, been driving for about 2 months no probs with either end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendawg62 View Post
I have the same truck and had the same problem. On the original installation the mic was mounted down by the ignition key. I relocated the mic to the upper console and have been told that it is 100% better for sound quality. With the original mic location (this is where Toyota recommends the placement to be) the blutooth was virtually unusable, now it works very well. Hopefully this helps.
ps - the dealership offered to relocate it for no charge, but I decided to do it myself.
my mike was run behind the the driverside column by the dealership, but you said the recommended area is by the ignition key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppymach View Post
I added the rostra Blu logic set up to my 2011 and it is awesome. i put the mic right on colum and no complaints from anyone.

Now this is where i wish they had put my call button. Mine is on the bottom spare and it is hard to see behind the steering wheel, my only complaint. One of these days i'm gonna relocate it like yours
Old 01-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
bendawg62 is on a distinguished road
bendawg62's Tacoma Gallery
Several dealerships told me that Toyota called for the Blu Logic mic to be located by the ignition key, but it doesnt work well in that location . So as I said, I moved it to the upper console which solved my problem. I also did move the control switch from the lower bank of switches to the upper bank as it was hard to see when I was driving. Yours would work fine located on the A pillar, I'm sure.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=timsxr;2596905]i installed like 3 a week for the dealers had tons of mic problems then rostra came out with these i have been installing tons and have no complaints, easy install.

http://rostra.com/products/converse-...tml[/quote]

Will these work if you have XM?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #14
Betty Blue
Fennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of lightFennywald is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: VFA
Name: Matt
Fennywald's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendawg62 View Post
I also did move the control switch from the lower bank of switches to the upper bank as it was hard to see when I was driving.
Yea i need to do that, mine is pissing me off
Old 01-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
its easy to pop the blu logic out and move it. I just reached up from underneth. 2 minutes. oh yeah its works fine with my XM no problems. Plug & play the whole way. No problems. Now i got to get the blue lights switched out to orange.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
does the blu-logic kit work with the factory i-pod adaptor
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
Japes is on a distinguished road
Japes's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine moved to just on the right side of my guages, people tell me it sounds like I'm talking on a normal handset. I might consider moving my buttons to the left side but it's not bad where it is now for me.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
is there a lot of slack on the factory installed blu logic mic?

I definitely want to relocate mine...would prefer not to have to cut and extend
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #19
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Comes with about 8' of cable for the mike. Toyota suggests mounting the unit in the passenger side kickpanel. You could run mike up to the mirror or over to the driver's area. I had mine installed for 3 months with the mike by the 4WD selector switch. Seemed to work fine. No complaints. I removed it to install a Parrot unit compatible with my Alpine head unit. The manual says it conflicts with factory XM satellite and Factory Nav. Unit. Possibly conflicts with Ipod adapter too. My Blu Logic is up for sale if anyone is interested $125.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #20
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalistdsw View Post
My Taco has bluetooth via my Pioneer AVIC Z120bt. It works great. My wife wanted Bluetooth in her 05 Solara ragtop so I had a "Got2b wireless" system installed. The control panal snapped right into a where the flashing red LED for the alarm system. Most Toyota's have unused switch plates on the dash but the Solara with ragtop used them all up. Anyway, here is what it looks like:
It ran about $400/installed

Products Discussed in this Thread