1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you think it would be okay to negotiate price by using email with dealership?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whtkdtn1401, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    Taco.Tim

Taco.Tim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Buhlue Access Cab 2WD
    Looking!
    Email worked great for me. I emailed seven dealers with exactly what I wanted (try finding a speedway blue, 4 banger, auto AC with mags), and most came pretty close to each other pricewise. I ended up with the dealer closest to home, and finalized the order over the phone. After two months, it arrived, I paid for it with money borrowed from credit union, and my wife absolutely loves the truck.

Tim

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Horrible idea, especially for a used vehicle

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    blackbox

blackbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4cyl 5mt 4x4 Pyrite
    Another vote for email. If they won't respond to an email when they post the email address on their website, how will they treat you after the sale? With all the internet research tools available, plus being able to negotiate with multiple dealers via email, my last new vehicle buying experience was about as painless and quick as it gets.

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    blackbox

blackbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4cyl 5mt 4x4 Pyrite
    agreed, it would not be the same if buying a used vehicle, but for a new vehicle where you know exactly what you want, can't be beat.

Products Discussed in

To Top