Notices

3 inch Pro Comp Lift

Old 11-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
It's a Toyota thing, Jeeps can't understand
silvertaco13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
silvertaco13's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch Pro Comp Lift

Right know I got a 3 inch spacer and 2 inch blocks in the rear. The set up is giving my taco the "toyota lean" and I cant stand it plus I just want to put a new lift on it. I've been looking at the Pro Comp 3 inch at 4wheelparts and it looks like a good deal. My truck is a PreRunner so it's 2wd and I dont plan on doing any offroading because it's my comuter and I drive it to and from work which is about 80 miles so I can't really afford to beat my truck up so I just wanna make it look good and make sure nothing will mess up. I know it will make the ride rougher but im not worried about that. I mean lifted trucks ain't suppose to ride like cadilacs. So any reviews from the pro comp??? Or any other 3 inch lifts that are affordable???
Attached Thumbnails
3 inch Pro Comp Lift-flexing-tacoma.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Few people have it. Search and you will find tons of info. You get what you pay for. I would not suggest Pro Comp. Look at OME little bit more $700
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a solid lift to me, better than any spacer. OME is okay, but theyre not all that great either...
Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Few people have it. Search and you will find tons of info. You get what you pay for. I would not suggest Pro Comp. Look at OME little bit more $700

What is your reason for not recommending it? Do you have any PERSONAL experience or are you just jumping on the bandwagon of OME?

I have had the lift for over a year now. So far so good. Yes it rides stiffer than stock. I have ridden in a Tacoma with a spacer lift and it is not as bad as that. On the highway it rides fine. I added LR upper control arms to get my alignment dead nuts.
My only complaint was when I towed my boat, the aal that the kit came with was not enough and my ass would sag. I added a second aal from Wheelers and now when I tow there is minimum sag. I have only done some light wheeling and it held up fine.

For the money I have in this kit, Iím very happy.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
For what it counts my 3" pro comp lift has given me no problem and the ride is great since I changed to Yokohama AT's from the Toyo's MT tires I had. I spend 10 hours a day offroad before my 60 minute ride home....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
the large majority of people that bitch about the procomp don't have it, havn't ever had it and probably have never rode in a truck with it. that being said, i can't say one thing bad about my procomp lift. sure there are better lift kits, but for the money the procomp can't be beat imo.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Trevor
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
I have pro comp 3 inch and i love it i wish the ride was smoother...any ideas how to make that happen? but i like it all and all.....
Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis1291 View Post
i wish the ride was smoother...any ideas how to make that happen?
get rid of those rubber band tires? lol
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
What do you mean rubber band tires??
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the profile of your tires might be what is making the ride rough.

Im looking into this lift also. Can you run 5100's with these kits?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
Im not sure but it is a good lift...that is my 2 sense
Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis1291 View Post
Im not sure but it is a good lift...that is my 2 sense
how are your cv angles with this pro comp lift?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
ive had it and i think its horrible. would not recommend it to anyone. in fact i beg you not to get it. super super rough ride. i mean every little bump and the suspension slams back. no travel. more of a headache.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
it is a rough ride but mine is not that rough...i dont know how my cv's are to be honest...i read about the lift b4 i bought it and called pro comp and they said that the cv's will be fine
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
What is your reason for not recommending it? Do you have any PERSONAL experience or are you just jumping on the bandwagon of OME?

I have had the lift for over a year now. So far so good. Yes it rides stiffer than stock. I have ridden in a Tacoma with a spacer lift and it is not as bad as that. On the highway it rides fine. I added LR upper control arms to get my alignment dead nuts.
My only complaint was when I towed my boat, the aal that the kit came with was not enough and my ass would sag. I added a second aal from Wheelers and now when I tow there is minimum sag. I have only done some light wheeling and it held up fine.

For the money I have in this kit, Iím very happy.
I do have personal experience w/ Pro Comp. My buddy has had it for over 25,000 miles. Ever since he got it the ride was terrible. Not long after he started blowing cv boots b/c procomp is too cheap to supply diff drop. To add to that he has a blown shock in the rear from towing. So yea I do not reccomend Pro Comp. OP have you looked at 5100s- good quality lift up to 2.5" and can fit 285s
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do have personal experience w/ Pro Comp. My buddy has had it for over 25,000 miles. Ever since he got it the ride was terrible. Not long after he started blowing cv boots b/c procomp is too cheap to supply diff drop. To add to that he has a blown shock in the rear from towing. So yea I do not reccomend Pro Comp. OP have you looked at 5100s- good quality lift up to 2.5" and can fit 285s
I have had the lift for 28k miles now, and regularly tow a boat/utility trailer....i have had none of these issues.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:30 AM   #19
It's a Toyota thing, Jeeps can't understand
silvertaco13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
silvertaco13's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the posts. Its really helping me make up my mind
Old 11-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #20
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, my kit came with a diff drop. Being a prerunner I didn't need it and gave it to a local guy who was about to lift his truck. I've had my kit for over 14k. So far so good. I tow my boat quite a bit along with other things and have had zero problems.
I will say this though, at least you posted with an actual experience. Sucks it wasn't a good one, but at least you didn't just regurgitate information.
The 5100 lift isn't a bad lift option either.