Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone running glassworks fenders w/o LT?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running glassworks fenders w/o LT?

I want to put some glassworks fenders on my truck b/c i think they just look badass basically. Does anyone have pics of them on your truck without long travel?

Any opinions on the fenders from people who have them?
thanks

EDIT: All pro 2" front fenders and glassworks rear fenders. Mid travel (3" icon lift) and possibly a 1" spacer on all rims with either 33s or 35s. What do ya think?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
you dont want my opinion on this haha
Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
it would look silly....especially in Glenville
Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
it will look stupid, the fenders will be so wide and your tires will be way inside. pm blaclhawke, he did this for awhile and looked funny.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
it will look stupid, the fenders will be so wide and your tires will be way inside. pm blaclhawke, he did this for awhile and looked funny.
this,it only looks good if you can fill in that space
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-lt-build.html

i currently am running them but i still need another inch and a half to fill them. it doesnt look too bad but stock fenders look better IMO if there is not a kit to fill the fiberglass
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
GETTN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
he runs wheel spacers so it looks ehhh,but better than stock

and he actualy has a midtravel setup
Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post

yeah but still looks wrong
Old 11-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
GETTN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
yeah but still looks wrong
haha yes but its better than some poser with full glass and completely stock,which many on this site have done
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
first gen came in 3.5" or 4.5" or 6.5"

i think the second gen only comes in 4" flare with 3" rise... gonna look goofy with stock suspension...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
whats the point??? its done for added susp. travel... it would look really dumb on a truck without lt...you see them alot out here in CA... try it, if you like it, its all that matters. others will think its stupid but your opinion matters...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Performance > Appearance

For the average not-a-truck person, wide fenders probably just look odd. For those like us who are familiar with suspension, you'll look like a poser.

Don't get me wrong, I love a truck with nice wide fenders, but I actually saw 2 guys in my town with flared color matched fenders, one on a 01-04 Tacoma, and the other on a 87-89 yota Pickup. I thought they looked cool at first glance, but then I noticed they're still mid travel, and I couldn't help but think that my truck could outrun them offroad...

You can still get great travel with stock fenders: http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/p...roject526.html

I'd rather spend money on that than just fenders.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post

the mid travel and spacers don't look bad IMO, looks pretty good actually. But there is something about spacers i just don't trust...

idk, maybe i'll just get bushwacker flare and save myself a bunch of money
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #17

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
the mid travel and spacers don't look bad IMO, looks pretty good actually. But there is something about spacers i just don't trust...

idk, maybe i'll just get bushwacker flare and save myself a bunch of money

x2 i dont like spacers or shallow backspacing... puts alot of wear on the wheel bearings
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #19
If you want to do it then go for it, you don't want our opinion. You are the one who needs to like it, allpro glass is not much smaller than the glassworks fyi. 1" is not much
Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You love the look because you see them on trucks with an LT stance/height and larger tires.

On a regular truck on regular tires it will look stupid.