Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how often to clean TRD high flow drop in?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
teej is on a distinguished road
teej's Tacoma Gallery
how often to clean TRD high flow drop in?

i'm thinking of getting the TRD drop in high air flow filter to get rid of that crappy stock filter. I read thats its re-usable and washable like the K&N filters, but i'm wondering how often should it be cleaned. I don't see anything anywhere on that topic? Clean as needed?

And if anyone has this air filter drop your 2 cents on it too! I just want a better filter than stock and don't want to spend the money on an intake.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
pauls2ndblessing is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
pauls2ndblessing's Tacoma Gallery
AFE pro dry is around 60.00 and reusable for the life of the part. I know your thread is about a TRD but I believe the general consensus around here is the Afe is the way to go.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The stock filter isn't all that bad.. You have a much less chance of having a problem with the stock filter. My wifes Subaru had trouble with the K&N (CEL came on after 1,000 miles). I decided to go back to the paper filter for her car.

With that said, I have a K&N due to the fact that I will keep this truck a very long time and it will pay for itself in the long run. I have never had any trouble with a K&N in my current Tacoma or my 1st gen, so I am a believer in them for the Tacoma.

I usually clean mine at least every 6 months (which is 3,000 miles for me). Sometimes it needs it more than others. If you take it out, you can tell if it is starting to get dirty.

EDIT: Oops, I read again and saw you were asking about the TRD.. oh well, here is some info on a K&N