1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjusting headlights after a lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Priddle, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    Priddle

Priddle [OP] And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Hey guys

I was behind some guy in a car the other night at a street light and I had my headlights on, but not the hi-beams. He turned around and mouthed f-off to me. His interior was lit up with my lights pretty good so I guess he figured my beams were on. I wanted to flash my beams at him because he was being an ass but my wife wasn't a fan of that idea. Given that, should I adjust the lights? My truck is level now so that may make a difference too.

Thanks

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Yeah adjust em a little but flash him next time too to remind him it could be worse. Even better if you have more lights to emphasize the point

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    Sunburst

Sunburst Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Headwaters of the Everglades
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights
    Same thing happened to me the evening I brought my truck home, one guy stopped his truck and had a coniption fit. I did hit him with my brights and kept on going.... I then chewed my wife's butt for making us late getting back to the house by shopping until my shoes fell off. I knew the lift would make folks go blind if we did not get home by dark. We made it home without any serious problems and I adjusted the lights the next day...

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    Just because your headlights were hitting him in the car and irritating him doesn't give him the right to tell you to F-Off. So many dumb asses out there, it's unbelievable.

5. Nov 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.

I disagree its.

It's common courtesy. Thats whats wrong nowadays, everyone thinks they are FREAKIN' ENTITLED to do as they damn well please.

RANT OVER CARRY ON :D

6. Nov 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    stick a few Kraigen HIDs behind the grill. Its worked for me so far

7. Nov 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    I tried to adjust mine during the day and had no luck at all. Had to do it at night. But figure out where the adjusting screws are, and how to turn them, during the day. Then use a flashlight to zero in on them at night when making the adjustment.

Needed to set my truck "flat" on the driveway with tape on the garage door to mark the "level" spot -- I set it with the truck about a foot from the garage door. Then backed up as far as I could without changing the level orientation - about 20 feet on my driveway.

I didn't do a "leveling" lift and still ended up having to make a pretty fair change to the adjustment.

Products Discussed in

To Top