Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Worst Year for 2nd gen tacos ?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
newtaco2008 is on a distinguished road
newtaco2008's Tacoma Gallery
Worst Year for 2nd gen tacos ?

What is the most problem plagued year for 2nd gen, just curious, my 2008 has had some problems but I still like it and will prolly drive it until it drops...
Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I say 2005.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I say 2005.

I have had zero issues with mine... just hit 85K...
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
my 09 has been great
Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
07 here, only problem i got is that there are crickets in my fan blower.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
nomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nomad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say 2005.
Didn't the '05 come with shorter mud flaps than the '06+?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
my 05 has 95k no problems and starts like a champ everytime
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
newtaco2008 is on a distinguished road
newtaco2008's Tacoma Gallery
I also have a fluttering/ticking fan blower noise, taking it in on Wed. There is a TSB on this problem.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtaco2008 View Post
I also have a fluttering/ticking fan blower noise, taking it in on Wed. There is a TSB on this problem.
yea but tsb is worthless and doesnt fix the problem.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say 2005.
thats what you think..hehe
Old 11-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
08 at 45,000 Miles With only a few complaints but they dont really bother me, ive gotten used to them or found ways around them.

- Mushy Brake Pedal
- I'm guessing it is normal, but when i start the truck it should fire up instantly like our other cars do.
- Sometimes (it somehow has gotten better on its own) the A/C Fan Unit or whatever is behind the glove box needs to stop squeaking
- Squeaky Leaf Springs
- Atleast some sort of confirmation tone when you unlock/lock the doors + the door ajar tone. Standard.
- I REALLY hate how the 09's started rolling out a few months after we bought this 2008 model. The 09's had standard side airbags, AUX input and an ALSD...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
05 only because of the motor mount issues. Its really only an issue if you jump the truck though.

Now just to stir the pot, 05+ are the worst.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname150 View Post
- Mushy Brake Pedal
That was fixed for 2011. They are rock hard now. Almost too hard...
Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
That was fixed for 2011. They are rock hard now. Almost too hard...
You sure its not because you have a brand new truck with new brakes/fluid?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
05 only cause its first year. My 07 also had the crickets in the blower. Change your cabin filter.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #17
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to turn off the abs and junk.. 2009+ are the ones to avoid.
If you don't believe in electronic brake lockers and LSDs.. 2009+ are to be avoided.
They're pretty much all the same. The first few years had weaker tailgates. But could be retrofitted.
THe automatics have been buggy since day one by the looks of the forum. The cup holders (at least in the 6 speed) changed a little as did the color of the dash and the led tail lights are a 2009 thing?
2011 has the neat new grill.. but hardly worth worrying about. Its about 200 bucks at your dealer.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
If you want to turn off the abs and junk.. 2009+ are the ones to avoid.
If you don't believe in electronic brake lockers and LSDs.. 2009+ are to be avoided.
They're pretty much all the same. The first few years had weaker tailgates. But could be retrofitted.
THe automatics have been buggy since day one by the looks of the forum. The cup holders (at least in the 6 speed) changed a little as did the color of the dash and the led tail lights are a 2009 thing?
2011 has the neat new grill.. but hardly worth worrying about. Its about 200 bucks at your dealer.
The dash didn't change at all 05-11... It's exactly the same color... >.>
ABS was on 05+ as well.

The primary issues were the motor mount issue (05 potentially early 06), weak tailgates (fixed in 08+ or via TSB), 6spd throwout bearing issue (not fixed period), noisy blower motor (no true fix, best solution is to grease it yourself), windshield noise on earlier models (TSB fix), and the JBL radio issues 09 and some 10's. Those are pretty much the primary issues that affected most vehicles. There's also little stuff that randomly pop up as with any manufacture/model.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I say 2005.

WRONG!!! Thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post

I have had zero issues with mine... just hit 85K...

My 2005 has 165,500 miles on it. Only replacements other than normal maintenance: 5 year old battery, & a universal joint.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
05 only cause its first year.
Apparently you forgot Toyota has been making the 2nd gen Tacoma for years before 2005. It was called the Tundra & the T100. It was rebadged as the Tacoma, so Toyota could move the Tundra to the Full size class & The Tacoma to the mid sized class.