Notices

How to Fit 285x75s

Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #41
SCGuyInACOMA90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
SCGuyInACOMA90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg589 View Post
Wow, when i read the first post I said to myself "Theres no f***ing way that tire will fit." haha. When I get new tires Ill be going one profile size bigger. From a 265-70 to a 265-75-16. Im only going to be lifting my truck about 2". 32" tire is enough for me....... for now
yea thats what i originally wanted. i kno that when i had my 285x75R16 on my stock wheels i rubbed the UCA bad so by default i need new wheels. but they did fit with no rubbing elsewhere. so i believe im gonna go with 17x9 inch rims with at least 4.50 inches of backspacing wrapped in a 285x70 like y'all have recommended. hopefully this will make it so it fits well and looks great. i will be calling up the shop that i go to in metter GA as soon as i find out what rims i want.
if yall have any suggestions on some good wheels just let me know. i want something that is black and classy looking... because after all i do have a Tacoma and not an American truck... i will leave the ridiculous redneck look for the boys in their F150s and silverados. hahah no offense of course to the domestic owners.
im checking out the black wheels thread right now so hopefully i will find a set!

thanks for all the help again guys. i dont know that much about suspension and im tryin to learn as much as i can. engines on the otherhand is kinda my forte.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #42
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
You can go with a 305/70/16 or a 305/65/17 with no problems.
HUH? no problems as in aftermarket front bumper and chop and reweld the cab mounts... and plus your sticking out of your wheel wells where some states are pretty picky on the little things and its illegal. 285/70/17s were about the max I thought. Otherwise its a PIA to get things just right, and then you have major probs when their stuffed - other than go 6 inch lift

I'd love to run 305s but what exactly is involved that is so easy again on a 3 inch lift??
Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #43
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You can run 305's pretty easily.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #44
SCGuyInACOMA90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
SCGuyInACOMA90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
HUH? no problems as in aftermarket front bumper and chop and reweld the cab mounts... and plus your sticking out of your wheel wells where some states are pretty picky on the little things and its illegal. 285/70/17s were about the max I thought. Otherwise its a PIA to get things just right, and then you have major probs when their stuffed - other than go 6 inch lift

I'd love to run 305s but what exactly is involved that is so easy again on a 3 inch lift??
yea def dont want to have to cut, just isn't my thing since I am so particular about my truck. and i live in GA, the whole tire sticking out of the wheel wells is something that is common around here since most everyone has a lifted truck. wouldnt surprise me tho if it was illegal since GA seems to have such strict laws.

My friend also informed me that tires for odd size rims (such as 17s) cost more than tires for rims that have an even size (such as 16s, and 18s). so once again I am thinking about 18s. but 17s are still a consideration.