Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone had the Locker Actuator go bad?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
RedskinRedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone had the Locker Actuator go bad?

Brought my truck in for its 30K service and to get my locker looked at. Turns out the Actuator was bad. its getting covered under my 100K power train warranty. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
They dont really go bad, its more like they get cranky from not using it.
I bet service guys just remove it and clean it then either install used one back or if on warranty they will order you a new one and have yours for somebody else.
However, if you push them to limits and have them in service for many years at some point they will need maintenance. usually is getting grease inside the actuator or when you bash them on rocks magnets will crack.
Another item is plug getting screwed because branch had ripped the wire.
If you have trouble and you are:
1. On warranty - then go to dealer
2. Outside warranty - remove it clean it, grease it and called it good.