Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

where can i get a "toy" toyota tacoma

Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
where can i get a "toy" toyota tacoma

You know those toy cars that kids play with that are nothing but a hollow plastic shell with wheels and a rod for an axle. They could be around 1-2 feet long or so. Well, I would like to find a tacoma toy like this. I've looked on eBay and ToysRUs without any luck.

Ultimately, what I'm doing is looking for a scaled down model of the truck that I can design a few things on to have custom built like a light bar and rear bumper. Talking about a second gen
Old 11-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously though, this link was a posted on TW from the past:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147988
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Seriously though, this link was a posted on TW from the past:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147988
Yeah I posted a thread on it a while back. I've been watching that build ever since but his progress lately has been sloooow.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, as I looked further, this is a Gen1
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sorry, as I looked further, this is a Gen1
its actually an early '80's pickup.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Yeah I posted a thread on it a while back. I've been watching that build ever since but his progress lately has been sloooow.
Yeah that's where I found it.
I didn't read his whole blog, but tell me he didn't disassemble his truck in order to make this model?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
its actually an early '80's pickup.
Yeah, I keep scrolling further and further through his pictures and as it is becoming a truck I see now.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
braaap

Quote:
Yeah that's where I found it.
I didn't read his whole blog, but tell me he didn't disassemble his truck in order to make this model?
haha, no he actually just used pics/dimensions from other peoples trucks.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, it is an amazing build!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
You know those toy cars that kids play with that are nothing but a hollow plastic shell with wheels and a rod for an axle. They could be around 1-2 feet long or so. Well, I would like to find a tacoma toy like this. I've looked on eBay and ToysRUs without any luck.

Ultimately, what I'm doing is looking for a scaled down model of the truck that I can design a few things on to have custom built like a light bar and rear bumper. Talking about a second gen
Sorry, I couldn't find anything either.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
somewhere on here posted before about picking up a hotwheels or matchbox tacoma. forgot who it was...
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
So the answer is No, no one has seen any tacoma toy. Kid wanted one for the CC01 I got him. But I couldn't find one of any size. First one was an SD tundra, last was a buggy.

Can get 80s hilux anywhere. BTW, the guy with the model parts probably just cutting tamiya hilux parts, or copying them. They're readily available and already scale, why re-invent the wheel.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ive got a stock one i found at dollar general :P