Notices

Removing Dealers Plastic Name Plate

Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
tonyreo is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Dealers Plastic Name Plate

Just got our 2011 DC.
My dealer had to do a dealer trade to get what we wanted and it came through with the dealers plastic name plate stuck on the tailgate.
Any suggestions on getting it off witout causing damage?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Should come off the same way as the other badges. Heat and fishing wire will work. Search for exact procedures.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few pictures.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Heat, fishing line, some cleaner/wax to clean up the residue, and you're good to go.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
It's a brand new truck, you can prob just pull it off..
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Is it a badge or a decal? Mine came with a decal, which I took off with my fingernail and some windex. After all was removed and dried, I waxed the tailgate. Came out nice!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
BLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
BLKSR5TACO's Tacoma Gallery
i made the dealer take it off. i told them i'm not reppin their name unless i get some free stuff out of it!! lol....
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
2K6 Taco will become famous soon enough

2K6 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my truck used so it came with badges. when i got home.. thats the first thing i did.. ripped it off the tailgate. you shouldnt need heat or fishing lines. if its new, it should come off easy
Old 11-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #9
Potomac30 is on a distinguished road
Potomac30's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer decal was the first thing to come off when we got it home, The second was the dealer placard on the hitch receiver. It's a plastic logo that snaps into the standard 2" receiver... I put it on upside down on my '93 Explorer. Maybe they'll give me some goodies to take it off!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing on mine when I got it was the license plate holder which they swapped out for my old one with my college team on it before it left the lot. I hate dealer tags and stickers!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
post a pic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyreo View Post
Here are a few pictures.

Post a pic OF THE TAILGATE LOGO.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
at least not too many are drilling holes and putting in the permanent logos now-a-days.

Worse than most of the dealer stickers are the people driving around with some tag line on their licence plate frame from some defunct dealer. "where's the beef? Jone's pontiac GMC" "Sit on my flagpole! Bob's Hudson Desoto Dodge"
Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #13
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
post a pic...

Sorry about that
How's this?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #14
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just came with a dealer's sticker. The thing was made of that sticky foil that they make license tags out of. It took me about 2 hours of picking with my fingernail to get it all off. Lots of little splinters of sticky foil under the fingernail beds- but oh, so worth it!