1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

~Concealed Weapons~

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by NVR_QUIT, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    NVR_QUIT

NVR_QUIT [OP] My goodness, my Guinness!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Sport, 11' TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" lift...
    Just wondering where everyone keeps their weapons (if any: guns, knifes, etc...) in there vehicle. I keep a loaded handgun between the seat and the center console. But over time, and taking it in and out, it started to scratch it up a bit. :(

I noticed in one picture, a guy had his in a holster, mounted inside the center console; ready to use. :D

And please, keep this straight to topic... I don't care what your views are on guns, or any of that non-sense. ;)

A pic would be great... The more creative/hidden/easy access the better!

4x4_Angel likes this.
  2. Nov 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    P.S. Sorry if this in the wrong section, it's similar to ones in the 2nd Gen Section, and it has to do with my body stlye of vehicle... Feel free to move it...

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  3. Nov 10, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    TakDwn

TakDwn Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    My Glock stays in the 4 o'clock position on my belt and KaBar in the 8 position. Before I buckle, I clear my shirt/jacket to ensure ability to draw. I've practiced with Blue Gun and my unloaded carry...no issues.

I'm in PA w/LTCF (lic to carry/CCW) - a great carry state.

Does your state require you to remove the firearm from your person? Or are you looking to leave a firearm in your truck as back up?

4. Nov 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
  5. Nov 10, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    NVR_QUIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd Christmas
    USA!!!!
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" lift...
    I have a concealed weapons' license, and here in FL, you can keep it hidden, loaded, if you choose... On your person, or in the vehicle. So it doesn't matter what I choose to do, I'm just looking for something unique and convienient.

6. Nov 10, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    U used to just keep it in the console, but now I keep it in the cun tote in my Wet Okoles!

7. Nov 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    05tacoSPORT

05tacoSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    When shit hits the fan I really dont want to fumble around getting my gun. So thanks to muscle memory mine will remain on me.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  8. Nov 10, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    asking other people for their ideas makes it slightly less "unique"...no??

Under the steering column on a paddle holster. In the console in a holster. Driving holster. Shoulder holster.

I use my Crossbreed IWB at about 3-4 o'clock. No problems with drawing. Long trips it's not great...but I use the between the seat and the console with a rag (haven't found a soft holster I like for that yet.) I've got a console vault on the way so I feel a little more secure for when I have to leave it in the truck.

9. Nov 10, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    Blackhawk tactical belt clip holster keeps my Sig snuggy in the small of my back....

10. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    When I carry my M&P 40c, it is either under my arm (with jacket on) or behind my back in concealed holster. I don't want to have to be fumbling around in the truck if it is needed. I would rather have it close.

11. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    i used to leave it in my center console before my truck got broken into. now i just keep it holstered with me

BDM450r likes this.
  12. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Sig P220, German Made, on person at all times ;)

Sig45 likes this.
  13. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    michaelg589

michaelg589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Damn you guys are lucky. I need to get out of this state. Assault rifles are illegal. You cannot possess a firearm that holds more than 15 rounds (it might even be 10 now). No rifle hunting (not that I hunt). Getting a license to carry is damn near impossible (It may not even be possible. I dont know anyone that has one). New Jersey is terrible. Even if you have a gun or two in your trunk, unloaded and in a case/holster, and youre on your way to a range, you'll get questioned like crazy if youre pulled over (and searched for whatever reason).

I used to carry a 10" Hunting knife with me. Now I just have a retractable baton in a holster :)

14. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Yota Newb

Yota Newb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-Lug Regular Cab 2.7L 5 Speed
    Indiana gun permits allow us to carry however we want to. I carry from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I have learned from several people, if you don't make a habit of wearing your gun...you will leave it at home more and more. I also have a job that is pretty gun friendly as well as a state, so I take full advantage to carry everywhere I go.

As far as the Tacoma, I don't store guns in the truck itself, the gun or guns stay on me. I do not want to find out my gun has been stolen out of my truck and is now on the streets somewhere. I do, however, carry loaded spare mags in my truck. I also have a backpack that is loaded up with a bunch of things I put together in case I get stranded, stuck, whatever. Kind of a survival kit that would last me a couple days. I'm an Eagle Scout, and it's safe to say the motto "Be Prepared" has stuck with me:)

06Tacooo and Crow Horse like this.
  15. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    michaelg589

michaelg589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it :cool:

dbennett48 and Mikeybuck like this.
  16. Nov 10, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    +1
    I'm from bloomington but have been working in SC for a few years. I see indiana is now on the resipracate list for SC. Now I can drive thru 4 states and carry. WooT! Did they start making hoosiers take an 8 hr class for permits? When I had mine you just went to your local pd, filled out a form and gave an explanation as to why you need to carry.

17. Nov 10, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    TakDwn

TakDwn Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    I have permits to carry in PA, Utah, FL, and New Hampshire. I believe, with reciprocity/honors that makes me 'legal' in 34 states.

Here in PA I open carry everyday. I've even converted a few previously anti-gun people to pro-gun people.

It's funny how 'not knowing' causes fear, and 'having experience or knowledge' leads to acceptance.

Our neighbor, an older women, question me about being able to carry a gun on my person outside in public the 2nd day she was living next to us. We talked. Went to the range the next weekend. She now carries and is a member of the local shooting/hunting club. LOL:)

Sandyman and Hadataco like this.
  18. Nov 10, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    Yota Newb

Yota Newb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-Lug Regular Cab 2.7L 5 Speed
    I didn't know that about SC. That is good to know. And no, we don't have to take a class. I went ahead and got my lifetime permit so I don't have to worry about it ever again. I had to go the the City County building downtown Indpls. and just fill out their form then wait. It only took like 5 weeks to get mine in the mail.

19. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    3 spare mags in the console, G26 or G29 on my side always, i dont leave it in the truck

20. Nov 11, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Those 4 permits seem like over kill to me. FL reciprocates with all those states and having a Penn or Utah gains you Minnesota reciprocity. Seems you could have two of those 4 and be legal and have spent less money and done less work???

Products Discussed in

To Top