~Concealed Weapons~

Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
My goodness, my Guinness!
NVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura aboutNVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: something between the lines of devine and killing machine
Name: Lloyd Christmas
NVR_QUIT's Tacoma Gallery
Question ~Concealed Weapons~

Just wondering where everyone keeps their weapons (if any: guns, knifes, etc...) in there vehicle. I keep a loaded handgun between the seat and the center console. But over time, and taking it in and out, it started to scratch it up a bit.

I noticed in one picture, a guy had his in a holster, mounted inside the center console; ready to use.

And please, keep this straight to topic... I don't care what your views are on guns, or any of that non-sense.

A pic would be great... The more creative/hidden/easy access the better!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #2

P.S. Sorry if this in the wrong section, it's similar to ones in the 2nd Gen Section, and it has to do with my body stlye of vehicle... Feel free to move it...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
TakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
TakDwn's Tacoma Gallery
My Glock stays in the 4 o'clock position on my belt and KaBar in the 8 position. Before I buckle, I clear my shirt/jacket to ensure ability to draw. I've practiced with Blue Gun and my unloaded carry...no issues.

I'm in PA w/LTCF (lic to carry/CCW) - a great carry state.

Does your state require you to remove the firearm from your person? Or are you looking to leave a firearm in your truck as back up?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...elsewhere.html
Old 11-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #5

I have a concealed weapons' license, and here in FL, you can keep it hidden, loaded, if you choose... On your person, or in the vehicle. So it doesn't matter what I choose to do, I'm just looking for something unique and convienient.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
U used to just keep it in the console, but now I keep it in the cun tote in my Wet Okoles!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
When shit hits the fan I really dont want to fumble around getting my gun. So thanks to muscle memory mine will remain on me.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
asking other people for their ideas makes it slightly less "unique"...no??

Under the steering column on a paddle holster. In the console in a holster. Driving holster. Shoulder holster.

I use my Crossbreed IWB at about 3-4 o'clock. No problems with drawing. Long trips it's not great...but I use the between the seat and the console with a rag (haven't found a soft holster I like for that yet.) I've got a console vault on the way so I feel a little more secure for when I have to leave it in the truck.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
When I carry my M&P 40c, it is either under my arm (with jacket on) or behind my back in concealed holster. I don't want to have to be fumbling around in the truck if it is needed. I would rather have it close.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
i used to leave it in my center console before my truck got broken into. now i just keep it holstered with me
Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you guys are lucky. I need to get out of this state. Assault rifles are illegal. You cannot possess a firearm that holds more than 15 rounds (it might even be 10 now). No rifle hunting (not that I hunt). Getting a license to carry is damn near impossible (It may not even be possible. I dont know anyone that has one). New Jersey is terrible. Even if you have a gun or two in your trunk, unloaded and in a case/holster, and youre on your way to a range, you'll get questioned like crazy if youre pulled over (and searched for whatever reason).

I used to carry a 10" Hunting knife with me. Now I just have a retractable baton in a holster
Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #14
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Indiana gun permits allow us to carry however we want to. I carry from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I have learned from several people, if you don't make a habit of wearing your gun...you will leave it at home more and more. I also have a job that is pretty gun friendly as well as a state, so I take full advantage to carry everywhere I go.

As far as the Tacoma, I don't store guns in the truck itself, the gun or guns stay on me. I do not want to find out my gun has been stolen out of my truck and is now on the streets somewhere. I do, however, carry loaded spare mags in my truck. I also have a backpack that is loaded up with a bunch of things I put together in case I get stranded, stuck, whatever. Kind of a survival kit that would last me a couple days. I'm an Eagle Scout, and it's safe to say the motto "Be Prepared" has stuck with me
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #15
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it
Old 11-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
Indiana gun permits allow us to carry however we want to. I carry from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I have learned from several people, if you don't make a habit of wearing your gun...you will leave it at home more and more. I also have a job that is pretty gun friendly as well as a state, so I take full advantage to carry everywhere I go.

As far as the Tacoma, I don't store guns in the truck itself, the gun or guns stay on me. I do not want to find out my gun has been stolen out of my truck and is now on the streets somewhere. I do, however, carry loaded spare mags in my truck. I also have a backpack that is loaded up with a bunch of things I put together in case I get stranded, stuck, whatever. Kind of a survival kit that would last me a couple days. I'm an Eagle Scout, and it's safe to say the motto "Be Prepared" has stuck with me
+1
I'm from bloomington but have been working in SC for a few years. I see indiana is now on the resipracate list for SC. Now I can drive thru 4 states and carry. WooT! Did they start making hoosiers take an 8 hr class for permits? When I had mine you just went to your local pd, filled out a form and gave an explanation as to why you need to carry.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
TakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTakDwn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
TakDwn's Tacoma Gallery
I have permits to carry in PA, Utah, FL, and New Hampshire. I believe, with reciprocity/honors that makes me 'legal' in 34 states.

Here in PA I open carry everyday. I've even converted a few previously anti-gun people to pro-gun people.

It's funny how 'not knowing' causes fear, and 'having experience or knowledge' leads to acceptance.

Our neighbor, an older women, question me about being able to carry a gun on my person outside in public the 2nd day she was living next to us. We talked. Went to the range the next weekend. She now carries and is a member of the local shooting/hunting club. LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
+1
I'm from bloomington but have been working in SC for a few years. I see indiana is now on the resipracate list for SC. Now I can drive thru 4 states and carry. WooT! Did they start making hoosiers take an 8 hr class for permits? When I had mine you just went to your local pd, filled out a form and gave an explanation as to why you need to carry.
I didn't know that about SC. That is good to know. And no, we don't have to take a class. I went ahead and got my lifetime permit so I don't have to worry about it ever again. I had to go the the City County building downtown Indpls. and just fill out their form then wait. It only took like 5 weeks to get mine in the mail.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #19
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
3 spare mags in the console, G26 or G29 on my side always, i dont leave it in the truck
Old 11-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #20
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakDwn View Post
I have permits to carry in PA, Utah, FL, and New Hampshire. I believe, with reciprocity/honors that makes me 'legal' in 34 states.

Here in PA I open carry everyday. I've even converted a few previously anti-gun people to pro-gun people.

It's funny how 'not knowing' causes fear, and 'having experience or knowledge' leads to acceptance.

Our neighbor, an older women, question me about being able to carry a gun on my person outside in public the 2nd day she was living next to us. We talked. Went to the range the next weekend. She now carries and is a member of the local shooting/hunting club. LOL
Those 4 permits seem like over kill to me. FL reciprocates with all those states and having a Penn or Utah gains you Minnesota reciprocity. Seems you could have two of those 4 and be legal and have spent less money and done less work???