Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension Lift Help

Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Lift Help

I'm pretty new at this stuff and I'm researching some options to lift my truck. More than likely I will be going to topguncustomz.com since its close to home and got good reviews. I'm looking at a 3' suspension lift. I'm doing this just for looks and I won't be going off road any. Is this a good way to go? I need your help!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
You mean 3" correct? Those are junk lifts (spacers and blocks). Spend the money and do it right, regardless if it's just for looks. Billy 5100's front and rear with a 1/4" top plate space for the full 3" and an AAL in the rear.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Well since your not going to be offroading just go with a simple spacer lift. You will save a lot of money and its very easy to install. You can get a 3in spacer lift and it will cost you around $300 for the whole kit.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
There are a good number of options and just depends on how much you are willing to spend. If I were you, I'd still do a setup that is okay to take offroading. When I first got my suspension lift I didnt think I'd offroad that much but I started recently this past year. Hey, do it right the first time, better safe then sorry.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the OME lift on my Tacoma and it rides 1000% better than stock, plus it looks like a proper truck with the extra lift. I have the Dakar springs in the back and they make a world of difference. I also went with the Light Racing Upper control arms for full adjustability. This is a wonderful way to go and has made me LOVE my Tacoma! I really liked this truck before the OME lift but it has really made such a difference that I think Toyota should be embarassed with how cheesey the factory suspension is compared to say the OME Dakar lift. I am sure there will be more to tell you OME is super when it comes to ride, and there are some other goodies out there I have just not dealt with them. JOE>
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Well since your not going to be offroading just go with a simple spacer lift. You will save a lot of money and its very easy to install. You can get a 3in spacer lift and it will cost you around $300 for the whole kit.
You can get bilstein 5100's for the front, and an AAL for the rear, for under $300.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
This is true. Well close to $300. I personally have 5100s and love them.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=247189846 That is the one I'm looking at right now.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
will blocks make axle wrap worse?
Absolutely.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
thats what I figured, but wasnt 100% and didnt wanna give bad info.

So, even as a mall crawler like the OP admitted to, the kit he wanted with blocks is a bad idea right?
I would say so.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I would say so.
I would agree. An add-a-leaf for the back is a much better route to go.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
5100's on all 4 sides, 1.5" aal. you could also throw 2, 1/4" top plate spacers on if
you want. that is what i would do if i did not offroad, or even for people that do it some.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
SHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SHOGUN's Tacoma Gallery
Yea add a leaf is much better and with it you can hall a little heavier loads