Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech floor mats question please...

Old 11-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech floor mats question please...

Considering these mats, my question it this.
Does everyone use the floor hooks for these mats? I would think that the holes in the mats for the hooks would defeat the purpose since they have holes in them and water, sand, etc. would seep through the holes onto the carpet.
Your comments please.
Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
some have installed then gooped silicone over the holes............the holes are raised though arent they?

Its cold and I aint going to my truck ATM.
Not sure if they are raised or not. Haven't purchased them yet and was wondering if a person should go with ones with no holes.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
The holes are raised but I do find once in awhile sand and dirt will seep through. Its not that bad mind you, but not perfect either. They're definitely better than any other floor mat on the market though.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the answers.
What do you mean its cold out? You are on the central coast.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine installed with the hooks and I've never had a problem with dirt and water getting through the holes.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the holes for the hooks in mine and I haven't had any issues either...they're pretty small.