1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma... Hit and Run :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ShiftGear, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Nov 11, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Man, I need to tell you: if you're getting married you need to change the order on those priorities around.

Yeah, it sucks. No doubt.

The guy you really want to be mad at is long gone. Out of reach. But your fiance is handy. ... but here's the thing... you agreed to park there to make her happy. You have to let it go. If you really value the truck more than the fiance, well, you've got no business getting married, and that's OK! Being single is under-rated.

If you're going to share your life with this person, you need to give of yourself freely, not reluctantly and not "giving with one hand while secretly taking back with the other."

"Hey babe, this parking lot's a zoo. I'll drop you off at the door, park the truck and meet you inside."

Or:

"I hate parking my truck in that Costco lot. It might get dinged. How 'bout we take your car, and you drive?" (chicks love to drive with their guy in the car anyway)

Or: "My truck might get dinged in this spot. The idiots are aiming for it! But babe wants to park close today, so I can be the single guy with the nice truck, or the guy with the dented truck married to this hot chick. Which would I rather be?"

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    cobrakenny

cobrakenny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Crew Cab 4x4 LB
    Well said Steve!

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    Lukes

Lukes Active Member

Member:
    Yucaipa
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 in progress
    Steve said exactly what needed to be said...she didn't know it was gonna happen neither did you...shit happens bro. If that list was a joke like i think it was, give her a good i told you so, end the silence and go on enjoying life...If you were to look back you'd say, what a stupid fight.

4. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:48 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    Steve is a very wise man. However, I understand the OP's frustration. I regularly park far away from the entrance of stores when I am on my own, but feel pressured to park closer by passengers. Why should they receive treatment better than I would give myself?

That being said, if she cares about you ShiftGear- she already feels like shit. Might be an opportunity to be the bigger person and let her off the hook. Look at it this way- now she won't dare tell you where to park.

BTW- where are you in BC? I am in Surrey. I won't go near the Costco on King George Hwy on weekends- Idiots convention!!!

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA

this is what i did, just hit a deer with mine, but i was gonna say you're about $400 from a OR bumper, i went with a relentless fab front bumper, if a deer or person runs into my truck they're gonna pay for it now:D

6. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    make the fiance pay for a new bumper and paint job...it was her nagging that persuaded you to park closer...:rofl:

but on a serious note...that sucks bro...there are tons of stupid drivers out there its the discourteous and inattentive one's that piss me off the most...

even when my girl was pregnant with my son...i still parked at the very back...but if there was valet I always took that option instead...my girl would nag and said she's tired...but I always gave her the choice of using her car instead...cause that thing has a huge door ding on the driver door from her parking up front...lol

Products Discussed in

To Top