Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Tacoma... Hit and Run :(

Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #21
too many clowns, not enough circuses.
daftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: François Dillinger
daftcon's Tacoma Gallery
it seems like theres been an increase in accidents and vandalism of tacos on here. its pretty shitty to hear about.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about Canada, but there are always bsp front bumper for sale around here. Never more than 200 bucks, just buy a clean used one, and have her install it. It only takes 20 minutes.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftGear View Post
4 things I LOVE the most in my life..

Parents
Friends
Truck
Fiance..

[snip]

Oh well.. this incident just fueled a few things we need to take care of in the relationship lol
Man, I need to tell you: if you're getting married you need to change the order on those priorities around.

Yeah, it sucks. No doubt.

The guy you really want to be mad at is long gone. Out of reach. But your fiance is handy. ... but here's the thing... you agreed to park there to make her happy. You have to let it go. If you really value the truck more than the fiance, well, you've got no business getting married, and that's OK! Being single is under-rated.

If you're going to share your life with this person, you need to give of yourself freely, not reluctantly and not "giving with one hand while secretly taking back with the other."

"Hey babe, this parking lot's a zoo. I'll drop you off at the door, park the truck and meet you inside."

Or:

"I hate parking my truck in that Costco lot. It might get dinged. How 'bout we take your car, and you drive?" (chicks love to drive with their guy in the car anyway)

Or: "My truck might get dinged in this spot. The idiots are aiming for it! But babe wants to park close today, so I can be the single guy with the nice truck, or the guy with the dented truck married to this hot chick. Which would I rather be?"
Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #24
cobrakenny will become famous soon enoughcobrakenny will become famous soon enough

Name: Ken
cobrakenny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Man, I need to tell you: if you're getting married you need to change the order on those priorities around.

Yeah, it sucks. No doubt.

The guy you really want to be mad at is long gone. Out of reach. But your fiance is handy. ... but here's the thing... you agreed to park there to make her happy. You have to let it go. If you really value the truck more than the fiance, well, you've got no business getting married, and that's OK! Being single is under-rated.

If you're going to share your life with this person, you need to give of yourself freely, not reluctantly and not "giving with one hand while secretly taking back with the other."

"Hey babe, this parking lot's a zoo. I'll drop you off at the door, park the truck and meet you inside."

Or:

"I hate parking my truck in that Costco lot. It might get dinged. How 'bout we take your car, and you drive?" (chicks love to drive with their guy in the car anyway)

Or: "My truck might get dinged in this spot. The idiots are aiming for it! But babe wants to park close today, so I can be the single guy with the nice truck, or the guy with the dented truck married to this hot chick. Which would I rather be?"
Well said Steve!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #25
Lukes is on a distinguished road
Lukes's Tacoma Gallery
Steve said exactly what needed to be said...she didn't know it was gonna happen neither did you...shit happens bro. If that list was a joke like i think it was, give her a good i told you so, end the silence and go on enjoying life...If you were to look back you'd say, what a stupid fight.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #26
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Steve is a very wise man. However, I understand the OP's frustration. I regularly park far away from the entrance of stores when I am on my own, but feel pressured to park closer by passengers. Why should they receive treatment better than I would give myself?

That being said, if she cares about you ShiftGear- she already feels like shit. Might be an opportunity to be the bigger person and let her off the hook. Look at it this way- now she won't dare tell you where to park.

BTW- where are you in BC? I am in Surrey. I won't go near the Costco on King George Hwy on weekends- Idiots convention!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #27
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Looks like your 130 away from a new offroad bumper

Screw getting the OEM junk, make it so when people do that to you next time they'll have damage to there car and not your truck

this is what i did, just hit a deer with mine, but i was gonna say you're about $400 from a OR bumper, i went with a relentless fab front bumper, if a deer or person runs into my truck they're gonna pay for it now
Old 11-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
make the fiance pay for a new bumper and paint job...it was her nagging that persuaded you to park closer...

but on a serious note...that sucks bro...there are tons of stupid drivers out there its the discourteous and inattentive one's that piss me off the most...

even when my girl was pregnant with my son...i still parked at the very back...but if there was valet I always took that option instead...my girl would nag and said she's tired...but I always gave her the choice of using her car instead...cause that thing has a huge door ding on the driver door from her parking up front...lol