Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Tacoma... Hit and Run :(

Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
ShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant future

ShiftGear's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma... Hit and Run :(

Im so so so SO upset right now. Im even more angry at myself that I didn't listen to myself. Whenever I go shopping with my fiance, I park far away on purpose because I hate parking anywhere but my garage. I know how people drive and are careless parkers.. especially in big malls or store outlets. Point is, we were going to Costco, I always park at the very back of Costco and it takes about two minutes to walk inside Costco.

Anyways, my fiance said no no no.. lets just park closer... i'm tired.. blah blah blah... anyways I parked close to the entrance after we found a spot. I came out to my truck only to find this.....

$300 For New Bumper...
$250 For Paint, Finish and Install

Cost of Groceries.... $220....

To lazy to walk 2 minutes.... Priceless...
Old 11-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
$550 credit towards the cost of the wedding on anything you don't want to spend on that she does. For better or worse right? Sorry man. I feel your pain.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
sorry man
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
N O X I O U S
SD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Chris
SD2011Taco's Tacoma Gallery
that is just BS. People should own up to their stupidity and just leave a note. Sorry I hit your truck, here is my #. Call me for some cash.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftGear View Post
$300 For New Bumper...

Looks like your 130 away from a new offroad bumper

Screw getting the OEM junk, make it so when people do that to you next time they'll have damage to there car and not your truck
Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks....in hindsight everything's 20/20 though.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks!!! Maybe she'll listen to you next time!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
ShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant futureShiftGear has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Looks like your 130 away from a new offroad bumper

Screw getting the OEM junk, make it so when people do that to you next time they'll have damage to there car and not your truck
I have a seperate account on my bank for truck modifications, It's a tax free savings account. Anyways, Every pay cheque I put away $300 and it goes into that account. Right now I have about 1800 sitting there, but I want to get everything in ONE SHOT!

Front Bumper, Rear bumper, Skid plates, Lift, Rims, Tires... I'm hoping to do all of that in shot just before next summer It just sucks I have to wait again and again..
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain man! Sorry to hear about it, but definitely don't get it fixed. No point if your going to replace it down the road!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Damn that sucks!!! Maybe she'll listen to you next time!!!
Haha well i'm stubborn.. 4 things I LOVE the most in my life..

Parents
Friends
Truck
Fiance..

Notice the order

lol i'm just pissed off because this could of been avoided. Sure, I could of parked at the back where I always do AND my truck could of been hit there aswell but.... I would be mad at myself and whoever hit my truck.. not at my fiance. So right now we're kind of well... not talking.. HAHA! Oh well.. this incident just fueled a few things we need to take care of in the relationship lol

anyways back on track...

truck should be ready for next wednesday =/

YAY I get to drive a Toyota COROLLA for the next 3 days
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
I feel your pain man! Sorry to hear about it, but definitely don't get it fixed. No point if your going to replace it down the road!
Agreed.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Agreed.
I have to get it fixed... Its still leased
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So you're leasing it and want to put all these mods into it? I dunno about that one.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
So you're leasing it and want to put all these mods into it? I dunno about that one.

The lease is up in 2 years, then i'm going to buy it out .. but for insurance reasons, when I re new my insurance they check out the truck for damages, dents, anything wrong with it because it's also leased/insured for business use for my company. It's complcated.. point is, I have to fix it. I intend to keep the truck, pay it off, maybe in 3 or 4 years buy another rig or something
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No... its pay now or pay later. Do it now and you might do it twice.

Its nice to keep your cars pretty and stuff.. I love my vehicles. But I keep it in perspective. I rarely ever have my vehicle on private property. How can I complain, I know what's out there. Doesn't make other people not stupid, but I am ready to come out and find my stuff jacked every time I go outside. I just hope its not.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
KCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Retired
Name: Keith
KCin HBCA's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks! You might go back and ask the manager if any of their cameras are trained on the parking lot.

My parents car got hit in a Walmart lot and I went in and viewed the video. Got a plate number and called their (my parents) insurance company and the insurance went after the other party.

I know I'd go ballistic if that happened and they didn't even leave a note. Glad to hear you are getting "her" fixed... and maybe straightening out some dents in the future Ms.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
cobrakenny will become famous soon enoughcobrakenny will become famous soon enough

Name: Ken
cobrakenny's Tacoma Gallery
Man that really blows!!!
Don't hold your Fiance to task it's not her fault, people in parking lots just SUCK big time!!! besides blaming her could haunt you for the rest of your life ( I know I've been married for 34 years and am haunted as hell for all things I've said) On the bright side should be easier to get her to walk the extra few yards the next time though!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #19
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to drive down to Washington I can sell you both my front and rear All Pro Bumpers.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
blackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
blackwidow2009's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im so so so SO upset right now. Im even more angry at myself that I didn't listen to myself. Whenever I go shopping with my fiance, I park far away on purpose because I hate parking anywhere but my garage. I know how people drive and are careless parkers.. especially in big malls or store outlets. Point is, we were going to Costco, I always park at the very back of Costco and it takes about two minutes to walk inside Costco.

Anyways, my fiance said no no no.. lets just park closer... i'm tired.. blah blah blah... anyways I parked close to the entrance after we found a spot. I came out to my truck only to find this.....

$300 For New Bumper...

To lazy to walk 2 minutes.... Priceless...

Take the cost out of her...make her pay...yeah your truck, but next time she should keep her mouth shut!!! Not saying she did this to you but...I hate when some one tries to convince me of something that I KNOW better about. Then they get pissed when I do what my gut says...