Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tacoma Help!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma Help!

Hey guys. Just a few questions!

I traded in my Jeep Jk for the Taco and I must say I love it so far!

Why does my tacoma beep when in 4lo.

In what situations is the Locker supposed to be used for?

Is there a website that sells Tacoma aftermarket parts?

What exhaust and Intake do you guys recomend?

What first mods do you guys reccomend?

Any info I need to know about my new tacoma?

I was big in the off road world with the Jeep, but kinda want to slide out of it with this tacoma, but I still want to build it to handle the mountains when i decided to go up every once and a while..

Here she is

07 TRD OR Tacoma
Old 11-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome TW. and im sure others will agree this is not the correct forum to be on if you want to get out of the off road world or modding your truck.

and for a first mod, i would do biltstein 5100's up front and an AAL in the back if your out of warranty, if not go with the rear spring TSB in the back. if your unfamiliar with this stuff, just do a search and you will get a ton of info. it's the simplest/ cost effective way to do a small lift on your truck while improving handling/performance.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
Why does my tacoma beep when in 4lo.
Because it's not actually in 4 lo. Try stopping, putting it in neutral, taking your foot off the brake, and re-engaging the switch.

Quote:
In what situations is the Locker supposed to be used for?
In really slippery conditions where 4lo you still get stuck - typically because the ground is uneven and one rear and one front wheel are carrying the lion's share of the truck's weight, leaving the other wheels to spin uselessly.

Quote:
Is there a website that sells Tacoma aftermarket parts?
More than you can count. Depends on what you're shopping for. A site sponsor with really good prices is TruckAlterations

Quote:
What first mods do you guys reccomend?
Wash and wax. EDIT - Not sayin' your truck is particularly dirty. Just a good hand wax is a nice way to spend a Saturday morning.

Quote:
Any info I need to know about my new tacoma?
Folks don't tend the read the owner's manual because they figure it's just stupid stuff. But as cars have gotten more complex, there's good info in there.