Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What I don't like about Weathertech liners...

Old 11-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
What I don't like about Weathertech liners...

1) why does the liner only cover half of the left foot rest? Is my left shoe only gonna get half dirty or half wet? Is that nickel's worth of plastic a deal breaker? plus, it feels funny under foot...especially if you sometimes drive bare foot or in flip flops.

2) when I removed the front liners, I notice a permanent line happening on the center hump carpet. So, in an effort to save the carpet...I'm damaging the carpet? LoL

The rear one piece liner is good. And overall, the Weathertech's are a great product...

dats all...
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Larry .... I have no comment on this ..... I must be tired.

I am in on the group buy .... going with GRAY ..... what do you think?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Just put my order in for some weathertechs, and well, I dont understand the half dead pedal thing either. Makes no sense.
The line in the carpet... remove the liner more often and vacuum/brush it out
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I never rest my foot on the foot rest.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they would have extended the mat a little farther so that it woul go under the seats. If I brush anything off my seat it falls on the carpet and eventually works it's way under the mat.

I'm still a big fan though and would buy them again.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Pbucks is on a distinguished road
Pbucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Larry .... I have no comment on this ..... I must be tired.

I am in on the group buy .... going with GRAY ..... what do you think?
I have the same color combination as yours and had a hard time deciding between gray or black. I went with gray and they look great, and don't show dirt like I thought they would....no regrets
Old 11-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

beckleyota's Tacoma Gallery
get the cabellas same as weatherteck just cheeper
Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Coming from a guy who has Weathertech's...

Old 11-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckleyota View Post
get the cabellas same as weatherteck just cheeper
And still would present the same issues I posted.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #10
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Just put my order in for some weathertechs, and well, I dont understand the half dead pedal thing either. Makes no sense.
No it doesn't.

Actually, I'm surprised that the footrest is only half covered...because the product is well thought out...

well...maybe not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
The line in the carpet... remove the liner more often and vacuum/brush it out
Too late. after just a month...the line is permanent.

I've been using the factory carpet mats in the front...but just re-installed the front liners. I guess I'm kinda stuck w/ them now...or live with the carpet in my new truck damaged by the liners that are supposed to protect the carpet.

And no...I would not purchase them again, for the mentioned reasons.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #11
Switchback is a jewel in the roughSwitchback is a jewel in the roughSwitchback is a jewel in the rough

Switchback's Tacoma Gallery
i guess i don't understand the problem you say you have with a line in your carpet being formed? do you plan to only use the weathertechs for part of the year? i don't ever take mine out (except to clean them), so I just don't notice/care about any lines being formed in the carpet...

and i hardly ever rest my foot on that footrest, so that's also not a problem for me. i love, love, love these liners. best thing i've put in my truck thus far.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #13
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
No it doesn't.

Actually, I'm surprised that the footrest is only half covered...because the product is well thought out...

well...maybe not enough.

Too late. after just a month...the line is permanent.

I've been using the factory carpet mats in the front...but just re-installed the front liners. I guess I'm kinda stuck w/ them now...or live with the carpet in my new truck damaged by the liners that are supposed to protect the carpet.

And no...I would not purchase them again, for the mentioned reasons.
Can you post a pic of the line damage so I can review before I drop 100+ beans on these things? Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
i guess i don't understand the problem you say you have with a line in your carpet being formed? do you plan to only use the weathertechs for part of the year? i don't ever take mine out (except to clean them), so I just don't notice/care about any lines being formed in the carpet...
The edge of the liner on the drivers side against the console hump...a horizontal line from the liner resting against the carpet.

I took them out to take the truck into the dealership for-service. it's when I noticed it. A little on the passenger side, but worse on the drivers side.

As far as the footrest...I use it all the time...it's one of the reasons I like the Tacoma over other trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
Can you post a pic of the line damage so I can review before I drop 100+ beans on these things? Thanks
See above. I guess, as long as you leave them in...there is not really a biggie.

The foot rest thing though
Old 11-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Husky liners FTW. They cover the dead pedal and are way more "deep dish" so they hold more liquid before spilling.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I expected the liners to be more rubbery and flexible, that's the only thing that bothers me.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #17
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
mine are quite stained from dirt. The vinyl is the typical soaks up stain type. Black probably looks good.

and for all their huge sides and all, they have hook holes in the bottom.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #18
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
mine are quite stained from dirt. The vinyl is the typical soaks up stain type. Black probably looks good.

and for all their huge sides and all, they have hook holes in the bottom.
If you spill enough to go thru the hook holes you could fill them in with the same color Phenoseal
Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #19
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

I just got mine fedex just about 10 minutes ago. I opened them up and was not pleased. I did not know they were plastic. I thought they were going to be a more flexible rubber also. I will put them in and see how they work.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #20
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. I've never had an issue with the foot rest or line up the carpet. I have the black ones and to get them clean every once in a while by power washing them with either a car wash sprayer or regular power washer.

Thursday I was deep in 4-6 inches of mud under 2 inches of snow while loading my float tube into Strawberry Reservoir. It sure is nice to not have to worry about stepping in the truck with muddy feet.

I like them better than the Toyota bed liner. In less than 1 year it's starting to oxidize and get a shiny glaze on top.