LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma power!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma power!

Just got an 07 double cab trd O.R.

Man this thing has some POWER

Toyota's trd is doing a great job. This thing makes my 07 jk feel like turtle. Amaizing how powerfull these trucks are!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
Just got an 07 double cab trd O.R.

Man this thing has some POWER

Toyota's trd is doing a great job. This thing makes my 07 jk feel like turtle. Amaizing how powerfull these trucks are!
But he'd kill us off road stock for stock
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Man I cant wait to start modding this bad boy! The wifes gonna kill me. first up. Blacking out emblems and lights
Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man I cant wait to start modding this bad boy! The wifes gonna kill me. first up. Blacking out emblems and lights
blacking them out should be good for about 10 hp!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
TACOMANATOR

lol

Then An Afe stage 2 CAI and a flowmaster 40!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
zonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zonataco's Tacoma Gallery
I drive an '06 Jeep Rubicon. The wife had an '06 Taco DC TRD up until a few weeks ago. Long story, we don't have the Taco anymore but we're about to get her another.
I REALLY liked her truck. Anytime we went out of town or drove a considerable distance, we took the Taco. The Jeep, while tremendously capable, is just underpowered, the cab isn't roomy enough, and lacks comfort and storage space...and if you thought Taco's aren't good on gas.
Been a Jeep guy all of my life, but I'm seriously thinking of selling the Jeep and picking up a Taco myself. Tacomas have a lot going for them...power, comfort, style, reliability, etc.
I think I may become a convert.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonataco View Post
I drive an '06 Jeep Rubicon. The wife had an '06 Taco DC TRD up until a few weeks ago. Long story, we don't have the Taco anymore but we're about to get her another.
I REALLY liked her truck. Anytime we went out of town or drove a considerable distance, we took the Taco. The Jeep, while tremendously capable, is just underpowered, the cab isn't roomy enough, and lacks comfort and storage space...and if you thought Taco's aren't good on gas.
Been a Jeep guy all of my life, but I'm seriously thinking of selling the Jeep and picking up a Taco myself. Tacomas have a lot going for them...power, comfort, style, reliability, etc.
I think I may become a convert.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
TACOMANATOR

I feel you brother!

I still love Jeep. I grown attached to it. Its taken me to some great places. But honestly is wayyy underpowered. With it being sooo little and light, its not as good as you think in snow. It has no room for storage, and towing with a Jeep is scary.

I like the power of the TACO. Its roomy. Its abillity to tow. The truck bed is perfect for fishing and camping. And honestly I think this truck can take me any where my jeep could. I think rock crawling is its only flaw, but its not made for that but i bet it can be done.

Im going to miss the jeep just because it introduce me into the off road world. But I have faith in this truck!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Current Chrysler engines are shit. Except the Pentastar V6.

This is not a knock on Jeep offroad abilities. They are by far the most offroad capable rigs from factory that are widely available in the states.

But it's impossible for me to respect the damn things when they break so much.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
Eman5pt0 has a spectacular aura aboutEman5pt0 has a spectacular aura about
Name: E
Eman5pt0's Tacoma Gallery
put a few stickers on that back window, 5hp per sticker depending on the size
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
TACOMANATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5pt0 View Post
put a few stickers on that back window, 5hp per sticker depending on the size
lol. I can only afford cheap mods right now... I have plates to pay soon haha
Old 11-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
IslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reggie
IslandBoy71's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the club OP!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
YEa, I don't think they're as fast as their numbers say.. what is it, roughly 7s 0-60 in the specs with an auto? Probably not to bad in the 6 speed. 2nd gear is good to just about 60 so you're not losing much. but they get along. Slower than almost anything that would try to go fast, but ya can't complain. ITs a truck.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
zonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feel you brother!

I still love Jeep. I grown attached to it. Its taken me to some great places. But honestly is wayyy underpowered. With it being sooo little and light, its not as good as you think in snow. It has no room for storage, and towing with a Jeep is scary.

I like the power of the TACO. Its roomy. Its abillity to tow. The truck bed is perfect for fishing and camping. And honestly I think this truck can take me any where my jeep could. I think rock crawling is its only flaw, but its not made for that but i bet it can be done.

Im going to miss the jeep just because it introduce me into the off road world. But I have faith in this truck!
I agree...with all of it!
I don't do the rugged trails I used to in my youth, 43 now.
It's mostly rutted out or loose dirt/sandy roads getting to remote camping spots or fishing holes now. I was never into rock crawling. The Taco can handle all I ask of it, no problem, and it comes with great power, comfort, and highway manners.
The Rubi at 70-75 MPH is turning 2800-3000 RPM. It also lags going up steep mountain grades on the highway. I'm downshifting and standing on it just to keep up, but I still get passed up. The Taco, on the same mountain grades, does 75 mph at about 2000 RPM and will accelerate with ease.
I'll miss the Jeep too. I've always loved them and have had one since I was 19. It just doesn't meet my needs anymore.
I do have a '78 J10 I'm restoring, so I'm not completely abandoning Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Current Chrysler engines are shit. Except the Pentastar V6.

This is not a knock on Jeep offroad abilities. They are by far the most offroad capable rigs from factory that are widely available in the states.

But it's impossible for me to respect the damn things when they break so much.
I hear that alot about Jeep, but in 20+ yrs of owning them, both AMC and Chrysler Jeeps, they've been nothing but dependable for me.
My '06 still has the great I6 engine, the JK's however have the V6 mini van engine. The I6 is very depedable but underpowered, the V6 has even LESS power...I don't understand why Jeep did this?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
the v6 isn't a huge improvement in raw numbers and jeeps have gotten heavier. But it is more powerful and, supposedly capable of a good bit more without being hazardous to the drive/power train. The I6 had some problems though, it wasn't all roses. That FI system was a time bomb, but good for its age I suppose. When people got left somewhere it wasn't from broken internal engine parts, it was from broken peripheral parts. You can't keep up with a jeep with anything other than maybe a defender or other higher end jeep clone. Pickup trucks that end up being as ready as a factory jeep, are cut up and modified so much they aren't pickups anymore. Anyone that would argue that has never owned a wrangler. BUT... you don't ever have to climb up sheer rock faces to get where you're going.. that's just for "fun". Go the easy way if you want to take your Vw or whatever.

and my taco crests 2000 rpm at 55.. pretty sure you're misreading your tach or the auto has a super huge overdrive.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #17
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Lockers front and rear are sick, Rubicon was gonna be my next choice if i didn't need a truck.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
TACOMANATOR

Trust me guys. I had the jeep 2 years. I got sucked into throwing money after paycheck after paycheck in modding. It was an addiction that I had to get out of for the simple reason I only wheeled it 2-3 times a year. It was always breaking down on me. it was always one problem after the next. I was on the JKforum almost every day. Made it up to 800 posts in 2 years.

It turned out everyone had the same problems.

Weak axles, kept breaking even though it was a D44
Slave cylinder only lasted about a year. always need new one.
The throw out bearings break easy.
the soft top leaked sooo much from stock.
windshield only lasts a few months before its chipped again.
the 3.8L wayyyy under powered. Probably most jk owners biggest upset.
The 4 door autos were prone to catching fire.
the stock power steering pumps went out fast.
And most of all, the overall quality of the vehicle was horrible. everything interrear was falling apart. the stock bumpers are crap. And the defrost in that thing barely covered the driver side.

All these problems werent just happening to me, but everyone else on the forum.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #19
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
i too was suprised with how much power mine had on the first test drive
Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Made it up to 800 posts in 2 years.
pfft... I have been on here for just about a year and I'm already clear over 1000!