Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof getting replaced - time to replace roof speakers!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Roof getting replaced - time to replace roof speakers? Size?

Because of hail damage, the roof panel on my 2010 Access Cab is going to be cut off and replaced with a new one. Of coruse that means pulling everything down in the inside. I figure this is a great time to replace the two roof speakers. Anyone know what size they are?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
found this:
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=39

says 6x8 ? dunno for sure
Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Roof speakers?..we have them?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
JetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura aboutJetTech has a spectacular aura about
JetTech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Roof speakers?..we have them?

Access cabs only
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
wait a second, where in the roof are these said speakers? I don't hear them....
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
wait a second, where in the roof are these said speakers? I don't hear them....
x2
Old 11-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Jm1hawk will become famous soon enoughJm1hawk will become famous soon enough
Name: Jamie
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
lol roof speakers?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
yep..only on newer access cabs. make your ears bleed!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
wtf...i dont have roof speakers....i call bs
Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #10
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
THey would be great, I don't know what is so "lol" about it other than the amount of sound coming from the back of the access cab. Fade it back.. is more like fading out. Somebody leave their Ipod on in their pocket back there?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
wtf...i dont have roof speakers....i call bs
I know right? They are in the brochure, but I've Yet to see them.

Just checked... They're almost silent and in the headliner above the rear head rests. Wouldn't be surprised if "speaker" meant a hard plastic tube that was touching a different speaker. They aren't much. But on second thought. If I was sitting in the back, they would be about 2 inches from my ear.. so, I guess its ok they're weak. toyota liability wise.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
they are on 09 access cabs and up. i dont think u can even replace them because of how they are
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good time to have a set of 6x9s mounted in the back doors to replace the roof speakers.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
Me l've got brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
they are on 09 access cabs and up. i dont think u can even replace them because of how they are
Yea, they're far too set in their ways. Won't listen to reason?

I agree its a pain to take out a headliner.. but not at all un-doable.

But they are there for a reason. I know most people think loud=good, but the doors in the back are nestled behind the seats and will likely sound muffled and/or take a lot of tuning to get to sound right. I wouldn't bother trying to make the back sound good. ITs not a good place to fill with sound.
Again, granted that people rarely if ever increase or are interested in increasing the quality of their audio when they replace parts.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. So no one knows the size then? Or has a pic of them with their headliner removed? Or has any technical details?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #17
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Pics or it didn't happen
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The roof speakers are actually sound exciters like in the FJ. They use a thin film between 2 poles to create sound. You can't upgrade them. I'd remove them and get some door speakers or skip on the rear speakers.

Martin Logan speakers use similar technology The driver at the bottom is for bass but the film handles mids and highs:

Old 11-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #19
reg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shedreg boulette is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reg boulette's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Access Cab - stock single CD radio, have roof speakers, kind of useless except for very faint 'fill' between front speakers.

Why not install a roll bar and build yourself a convertible?ha ha.