Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Most Miles on a Drop Bracket Lift

Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Most Miles on a Drop Bracket Lift

Hey Im curious about the guys with the drop brackets such as pro comp fabtech or rcd. Im not looking for which one is better but rather how the trucks durability is affected with many miles on the lift. My thought is if you buy a new truck, hack the front crossmember, what is the likely lifespan of the lift and its components? Will it last the life of the truck? Its just something to take into consideration when you cant revert back to stock.

So whos got the most miles on their lift and what problems if any have you run into?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't be a problem. It should last the lifespan of the truck if checked and maintained from time to time. Unless you let all your components rust out to hell. Also, you only need to hack the front crossmember if you have a 4X4. 2WD's don't require cutting.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Yea sorry should have specified a 4X4.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 20k on my Fabtech 6" lift. No problems that I can see!