1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tailgate strengtheners are all EOL??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dirtfondler, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    So I followed more than one post over to another forum, and searched everywhere here and can't find what is being done now on tailgate strengthening? I ordered the Toyota TSB parts and they are EOL, it looks like the others who were making them are no longer? I'll make my own if I have to, but I realized a long time ago that buying a proven setup saves a lot of time over making something twice! Any leads, anyone have something laying around that they haven't installed?

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    dirtfondler

dirtfondler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 F250 7.3L Diesel
    Thanks. I've searched and ready plenty of threads. I am capable of making my own setup as my home garage has a mill, big welder, plasma cutter, etc., I just dont really want to. I prefer to spend fab time on fun stuff htat I can't buy so I am looking for a lead on anyone that is still selling a bolt in kit. Plus, if I fab it myself, the tailgate will probably support another Taco, but be too heavy to lift it off. I definitely wont need any hose clamps.....

Products Discussed in

To Top