1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heat Coming From Vent

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wgabrock, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Nov 13, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    wgabrock

wgabrock [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bremen, GA
    Vehicle:
    2107 Silver Metallic TRD Sport 4x4
    A few LEDs for now....
    Hi everybody. I am proud owner of Certified Pre-Owned 2009 White Double Cab PreRunner 4X2 with only 5100 miles. I installed the XM Radio unit by using guide from this forum and it works great.

I have searched internet and forum and haven't found answer to this question:
    When the heat is set to floor I still get heat coming from driver's side vent closest to window. I can close vent, but the heat still comes through. It comes through at same speed fan is set on. Anyone else have this issue and is there a TSB or fix regarding this issue?

Thanks in advance for your answers and I love my truck.

wgabrock.

2. Nov 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    I suspect that it is because heat is usually used when it's cold out and the side vents (windows) will always have air passing through to keep windows from fogging up.

3. Nov 13, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'd say thats normal, My Truck does the same thing. I just aim it to the window to keep it from fogging.

4. Nov 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    I get heat coming from the dash vents when the blower is off. It will stop if I turn on the recirc button. How does that work? Does it close vents that bring in outside air?

5. Nov 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    recirc button only graps air inside the cab with it off it gets air from outside the when the button is off air is passing into the cab from the outside pickup. no for the heat coming out on the far left and far right is normal thats for legal/safety purposes and so they dont fog up

6. Nov 13, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Welcome to toyotaland. All my recent toyotas (and probably the one's I don't remember) have all blown air out the vents when switched to other sources.
    The ONLY thing you can do to change this is to actually close the vents at each vent.

Its simple, and old fashioned, but thats why toyota used to be considered reliable. Simple is hard to break.

Products Discussed in

To Top