Notices

Westin Polished Stainless Steel Oval Tube Step

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
wgabrock is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
wgabrock's Tacoma Gallery
Westin Polished Stainless Steel Oval Tube Step

I am looking for advice on these tube steps. I like the OEM ones from Toyota, but the Westin Chrome will match my trim and back bumper.

I have searched the forum, but haven't found the exact answer I am searching for.

How is the quality of Westin? Do they rattle, and does the chrome hold up? Is there a better chrome replacement for the OEM tube steps.

I have found them here: http://www.amazon.com/Westin-22-5050.../dp/B00171ZHY0

I am ready to order but would like some reassurance from fellow members that have these bars.

Thanks in advance.

wgabrock
Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those steps are stainless steel, not chrome. Chrome plated steel will rust, stainless does not which is why it's typically more expensive. I can't speak for those steps but you should not have any issues with stainless steel.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. looks like mine, thats why its nice!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
wgabrock is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
wgabrock's Tacoma Gallery
My mistake calling them chrome. I guess what I meant was I wanted some that were shiny chrome looking like the bumper. The OEM ones look good, but are a dull finish
Thanks for the response.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgabrock View Post
My mistake calling them chrome. I guess what I meant was I wanted some that were shiny chrome looking like the bumper. The OEM ones look good, but are a dull finish
Thanks for the response.
ya i like the oem ones cuz they match the rims. personally, i dont like too much chrome. the bumper and grill is enough chrome for me

Products Discussed in this Thread