Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100's Front/TSB Rear-Load Question

Old 11-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
5100's Front/TSB Rear-Load Question

I have had the TSB rear done and added the front 5100's, set at 1.75. The truck sits fairly level. On a recent hunting trip carrying camping gear and pulling a trailer with two four wheelers the truck was a little more nose high than to my liking. I have the stock factory rear shocks. They are black in color and are not the TRD shocks. I'm curious if adding different shocks in the rear would help with the nose high situation with a load. I could also lower the front 5100's to .85. Suggestions?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
DiamondDG is on a distinguished road

DiamondDG's Tacoma Gallery
Air bags. The are a towers best friend. You will never tow without them again! Every load will never be the same. With bags you can ajust the ride in seconds. Shocks do not carry loads. They only control dampening.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Would these be better than air shocks? Any problems with mud or off road?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Shocks do not lift and you don't want a set that is so stiff that they don't drop any with a load. Either drop the front billies to .85 or lift the rear or get airbags.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. Sounds like the most cost efficient thing to do would be to go with .85
Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
DiamondDG is on a distinguished road

DiamondDG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
Would these be better than air shocks? Any problems with mud or off road?
Air shocks will pogo like no tomorrow. They are a thing of the past. Put bags on and you will never regret it. Run seperate lines to each for better control. Air will transfer from bag to bag if you T it. Here is a good kit.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Towing-an...NNER#ancResult